A Letter To The Girl Who Tends To Overthink

I have no business trying to preach that everything will be okay right away.
254

Dear Michelle,

I guess it is important to start off by saying that this girl is in fact myself. Often times when I tell people I have this issue they are shocked. As someone who is confident overthinking is something that is rare for me but when it comes it hits me hard. Honestly my constant state of deep thought has begun to take a toll on my physical and mental health.

As I lay in bed staring at a ceiling until 3 and 4 in the morning I wonder why I am doing this. Why do I sit and analyze the various conversations that I have? Why do I try my hardest to convince myself that those around me do not actually want to be there? Why is that in the smallest arguments I beat myself up and blame myself for days? Well in all seriousness the answer to all of these questions will surely remain a mystery for me.

It is an essential that people who are having a similar experience to me seek help from their support system. I can not stress enough how important it is to have at least two best friends that you can go to anything for. These people should be individuals that you feel fully comfortable communicating with.

If you have not yet found these people that you are willing to give your full trust to then keep trying. I have found that when I arrived in college with an open mind it helped me tremendously. I guarantee that in the long run you will find friendships that will last long-term and help you.

I know from personal experience that even with these friends that things can be hard. So I have no business trying to preach that everything will be okay right away. However, one thing that I can say is that eventually things will get better. You will experience moments of joy and one day your moment of joy will never end.