To The Roommate Who Became My Best Friend

Even though I was worried about how we were going to get along I hoped for the best and turns out I got someone better than the best.
6

When I was randomly assigned your roommate I was apprehensive. College life is stressful, and moving into a new home with someone you don’t know can add to that stress. Even though I was worried about how we were going to get along, I hoped for the best. And turns out I got someone better than the best (I wish I would have known this while I was stress shopping at Ikea but oh well).

I didn’t expect to get along with someone I had never even met before but the first night we hung out I knew I had made a new friend. Through the good times and the bad, we grew closer. Now I know if I ever need to vent, get chicken wings or just have a laugh I can count on you. You’ve seen me at my actual worst and my best and you still want to call me your friend. For that I am grateful.

Now as this year comes to a close and I start packing up my stuff I’m genuinely upset we won’t be living together next year. Even though I know we’ll still hang out and stuff, it won’t be the same. I’m so thankful you were put in my life, even when I was dreading having to come back to school and live with someone I didn’t know. I'm thankful for all the new experiences we had together and our countless gossiping sessions. You push me every day to be better and believe in me when I think I’ll fail. You made this year such an incredible one and I know there are so many more to come.

Thank you for being the pepper to my salt and being just as equally quirky as me.

You rock, ILY.