The Alabama abortion ban has been all over the news and all over social media. The controversy surrounding abortions has been all the talk recently. Namely, the 11-year-old rape victim who is forced to carry out her pregnancy full term and denied an abortion. This news is atrocious and deeply saddening. Not to mention, it is also unconstitutional.

This is an open letter to all "pro-life" people.

I understand that you have the right to your own opinion. I respect that. But now when you are forcing your opinion upon another woman's body, listen to mine.

Freedom of religion means that you have the right to practice your religion. Not forcing one's religion on somebody else. However, with this anti-abortion bill, that is exactly what is happening. Because one religion does not believe in abortions, anti-abortion is being imposed on everyone else, regardless of what religion the person associates themselves with.

If you do not believe in abortions, THEN DON'T GET ONE. It is as simple as that.

Mind your own business and leave other people alone. You are nobody to judge what somebody else needs to or should do. People who get an abortion have their own reasons. Maybe they can't financially/medically handle it, or maybe they are just not mentally ready. Regardless of the reason, a woman has a right over her own body. It is her choice what she does. It isn't an easy decision to get an abortion. It requires a lot of thinking and time.

However, if a woman decides to come to the conclusion of getting an abortion it is because she believes it is right. She knows her personal situation and considered all factors before making that decision. And unless it is you who is pregnant, you do not get to make that choice for anyone else.

You call yourself pro-life? Then what about the actual living, breathing human that is carrying this unborn fetus?

Why don't you try to focus on banning the monster of a machine that actually snatches lives with one pull of a trigger and has been responsible for hundreds and thousands of deaths through school shootings and other mass shootings?

Why not focus on fixing the health-care system in this country or doing something for the millions in adoption agencies or the foster care system? Focus on immigration reform. What about the young little children getting torn from their families every single day at this country's border... are they not life?

Focus on climate change because if we don't look after this Earth one day there will be no more life to control.

It is funny how a gun has more protection in this country than an impregnated rape victim. The argument for not banning guns is that it won't actually stop gun violence. Well banning abortions won't actually stop abortions from occurring. It'll just force women to resort to other unsanitary and life-threatening methods.

This "pro-life" stance of yours is just taking away more lives.

It is funny how one fertilized egg has more rights than a living human being. You call yourself pro-life, think about the lives of the children who the women are forced to give birth to. So many of them will not be able to have proper resources, a healthy life, a loving family because their birth mother was forced to have a child when she wasn't ready.

And the fact that rape victims are no exception is ridiculous in itself. I shouldn't need to comment on that. But even more than that, the fact that a doctor serves more time for performing an abortion than the actual rapist themselves... I am speechless.

Please explain to me how that is in any world, in any sense logical? Please do explain because I've tried hard to understand this but I can't.

Please explain how a doctor helping a rape victim get rid of the physical marker of her trauma must serve more time than the rapist that stole the life out of a living, breathing girl and left her with absolutely nothing.

How does punishing the doctor more severely than the rapist help anyone? The doctors would be there to provide a safer and more sanitary method for the girl to get rid of something that was forced upon her without her consent or desire. But now you are even taking that away from a victim of monstrous abuse who already had so much taken from her.

By being pro-choice I'm not imposing my opinion on anyone. I'm just respecting the fact that everyone has the right to their own body and their own decision. You don't want an abortion then don't get one. Let people make their own decisions with their own bodies.

You don't know what you are taking away from a girl when you are forcing her to go through with something she doesn't want and can not afford. Don't take away the right of a woman to control her OWN body.

"No uterus, no opinion" — Rachel Green, from "Friends."