A Letter To My Little Brother

A Letter To My Little Brother

Last but not least...
20

Dear Teddy,

I'm sorry that you're the last sibling to receive a letter of endearment — it's only because I love you slightly less than the older two (just kidding). The reason I haven't written to you yet is because I wanted to wait until you were at a point in your life where you could actually appreciate what I was saying to you. Now that you're a junior in high school, starting to look at the daunting world that is college applications, I think you're ready to hear what I have to say.

When you were younger, you were such an adorable, lively, care-free spirit. Every day came and went with a smile and an innocence that I didn't get to experience for the majority of my childhood, and I admired that about you; I envied it. Now, you've grown into a pain in the ass of a little brother, but again, I admire you. Although we argue and bicker and pick at each others scars, at the end of the day, I always know that we have a strong, unbreakable connection, because you're my Torqus; my annoying little brother.

At times, sure, I lose my patience with you and call you a whiney little brat, but as your tween years come to a close and you inch toward a more adult life, I find myself enjoying conversations with you, and dare I say, even missing you from time to time while I'm out here in Pennsylvania. You have developed a wonderful sense of humor, similar to that of your older brother and your late father. Don't ever lose that — it's your defining characteristic as it is for each of us. When I say I admire you, I say it significantly in regards to your not letting adversity deter you from what you want. I know you struggle with certain things that perhaps those who surround you don't, but you try and you try to find a solution, as frustrating as it can be. This perseverance will stick with you forever and will take you to great places, don't forget that.

I wanted to write you this letter to make it known that I do care for you and I appreciate the little man that you've become and are growing into, and I hope you acknowledge that. You know I'm always here for you whenever you need me to be, and I know you are for me as well.

I love you with all my heart, you obnoxious little brat.

Love,

Piggy