A Letter to My Loved One in Heaven This Holiday Season

Until we meet again...

22

It is crazy to think another year has come and gone that you are no longer with us, to light up each of our lives this holiday season. I always enjoyed when this time of year came around because I knew I would get to see you and spend days upon days with my entire family. You always were the rock, the main unit, the center of our family and each holiday gets harder and harder as the years go on.

You always found a way to bring us together. A way to remind us to sit back, enjoy life, and enjoy the presence of family around you. Although the holidays may never seem the same, we always know you are there in spirit. We celebrate you, your life, and lessons each Christmas. We ponder back on the memories we have and enjoy each others presence more than usual.

You always found a way to bring us together and you still do to this day. You find a way to remind us all of the important things in life and all it has to offer. I thank you for the life lessons you continue to teach me and for being that figure in my life when I needed it the most. I thank you for showing me the value in family, whether blood or not, and I thank you for being a constant reminder to not lose sight of what life is really about.

You always found a way to bring us together and this holiday season, we will all be together again. To remind us of the good times, the bad times, and what we have overcome. To remind us of the importance of family. To celebrate you.

I miss you with each holiday, each day, each memory. I cannot wait to make you so proud and cannot wait for the day I get to see you again. Thank you for the constant life lessons, showing me how wonderful life truly is, and what true, genuine happiness really means. Until we meet again.