A Letter To My Future Husband

A Letter To My Future Husband

1 Corinthians 13:13.

1392
A Letter To My Future Husband
Courtney MacDougall

Recently the Lord has put it on my heart to be constantly be praying about marriage. I know some people may think that it's crazy to even think about marriage at only 18 years old, but you never know what age at which you might meet the person God designed for you. In September of 2015, I began to pray for my future husband. Literally every time I look at the clock and it says 11:11, I pray for him (11:11 is just how I remember each day to pray for him). That may sound insane, but I think it will be really cool one day to say, " I have been praying for you since I was a freshman in college." I recently also started to write letters to my future husband in my journal...I know that sounds extremely strange, but I want to give these letters to my husband on our wedding night. So here is one of the letters I wrote to my future husband.

Dear Future Husband,

This may seem super strange, but I have been praying for you and about you a lot recently. It's crazy to think you might not even be in my life right now, but hey, maybe you are. All I know is that if I am marrying you, I must love you a lot. I am so excited for the amazing life we are going to have together. I am praying to God to shape and mold me into the perfect wife for you. Not perfect, but perfect for you. I know that our relationship won't be perfect, but Jesus is. So, if we both separately pursue the Lord, we will grow closer to him and each other. I am so excited for devotionals together, praying together, going to church together and worshiping the Lord together. I am so blessed that God wrote you into my life.

I pray today that you are filled with joy. Wherever you are and whomever you are with, I pray you have joy. As I pray about this for you, I also pray about this for myself; that as I work with these children in Alaska, I am filled with the Holy Spirit.

My love, I promise to wake up each day and choose to love you. I hope maybe each morning we could recite 1 Corinthians 13:3-7 to each other to remind us how to love each other the way God created us to. I hope and pray today that you feel loved today. That you know God loves you and has you in the palm of his hand. I think it is so crazy to think I am constantly praying for someone whom I don't even know, I mean maybe you are in my life, but God has not revealed to me that you will be my husband yet. I wonder when that will be. I wonder when God will reveal you to me a lot, actually. But I am praying about having faith and trust in God's timing and plan for my life. Anyway, sorry, my brain is all over the place, but if you're marrying me I think you probably have some idea of what you are getting yourself into.

Much love,

Court

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres" (1 Corinthians 13: 4-7).

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love" (1 Corinthians 13:13).