Thank You, Governor Mike DeWine, For Your Coronavirus Response
Currently

Thank You, Governor Mike DeWine, For Doing What It Takes To Keep Ohioans Safe

You have shown the rest of America what it means to truly care about its people.

172

Dear Gov. Mike DeWine,

I'm going to be honest: three weeks ago you were just a name to me. I, like many teenagers, had no clue who you were or what you stood for. Now, in the midst of all the coronavirus craze, you have become something so much more. To me and too many others, you are now a hero, a leader, and a doer. Because of you, many lives in Ohio, and possibly across the United States as your proactive attitude spreads, will be saved.

And for that and much more, I would like to say thank you.

No governor would want to tell most businesses to shut down or tell colleges to suspend all in-person classes, but you did. You closed restaurants, schools, and salons even though you knew it would hurt Ohio's economy and make many people upset. You did what needed to be done, even though it was hard because you were more concerned about our health than money.

Thank you for being proactive.

Despite the thousands of Ohioans telling you you were overreacting, you still continued to put policies in place to slow the spread of coronavirus. You saw what happened in states and countries where that kind of initiative wasn't taken and decided that you didn't want that to be Ohio's fate. Even if the policies don't help, at least you did something.

Thank you for being honest.

The last few weeks have been chaotic, but even through the madness, you have stayed transparent with us. You continue to hold press conferences and post updates as often as you can, telling us the numbers and breaking down the plans. You are going above and beyond some leaders, and for that, I feel very grateful.

Most importantly, thank you for caring.

If your actions show the people of Ohio anything, it should be that they have a governor who cares. You have put all of the policies into place quickly and efficiently to curb the spread of this virus. You have been open with us about the next steps and the possible outcomes. You have taken time to give condolences to the lives taken and the sick. It is very obvious that during this hard time your biggest concern is the health of everyone in Ohio.

Mike DeWine, I want you to know that your hard work and good heart have not gone unnoticed. Many of us in Ohio and across the United States are thankful for your quick thinking and actions. You might be one of the reasons we are able to flatten the curve.

Sincerely,

A proud Ohioan