A Letter to My Guardian Angel

A Letter to My Guardian Angel

Family is everything and more.

65
A Letter to My Guardian Angel

I had always thought of guardian angels as the light in all the dark, majestic creatures, and saviors. It was not until I lost my guide that I found my guardian. Not a day goes by that I don’t remember the night God ripped my angel from me. I often wish there were a postal service up in heaven so I could send my guardian a letter because I already know exactly what I would say:

Dear Guardian Angel,

I never felt loss until I lost you.

I have spent so many years trying to piece together why God chose such an inspiring individual to be taken away from my life so abruptly. Now that I am older, I want you to know that missing you is a different kind of sorrow. I am sad and I will always feel that void, but you have shaped me in more ways than you could ever know. I hold tightly to relationships because of you. I never lose sight of people and I am rewarded with so many friendships and relationships because of it. Those days I looked out my window to see your car there were so special. Our memories are unforgettable.

There are some days I forget the reality of the distance that lies between us. However, the love we share for each other reminds me that it is okay to miss you. A brand new chapter in my life has just begun, but my pages filled with stories of us are still my favorite.

I thank you for all the times you reminded me how I should never stop smiling and because of you, I never have. Thank you for sticking around and urging me to be the better version of myself. I wish you were here to see how my life has changed and how much I have grown since you last saw me. I wish you could be there to watch me graduate. I so badly desire to not look out at the church on my wedding day to see an empty spot where you should be.

In my life, I see your ways and am eternally grateful to have had the chance to know you. I can promise you I will share and preach your values to the world. You taught me that family is everything and more. I miss sitting on your lap while you sang the words to your favorite song. I wish I could see you walk through my door one last time. I wish I could erase the pain that has been brought to this family without you.

My guardian angel is majestic; he is my guide, pal and I am so lucky to call him grandpa. I can’t wait to see more signs letting me know that you are okay. But guardian, we will reunite again. Until then, keep making sure I stay on track as I know you will. The years feel like a lifetime, but we had the time of our life.