A Letter to My Best Friend

A Letter to My  Best Friend

What I could never say in person to the most important person in my life.

12
A Letter to My  Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

I hate you.

I hate you for being condescending.

I hate you for being more beautiful, more desirable.

I hate you for having it easy, getting what you want.

I hate you for always knowing the right thing to do.

I hate you for being non committal.

I hate you for knowing me too well, reading my mind when I want to be closed, shut off.

I hate you for being cruel, dismissive.

I hate you for avoiding challenges, not pushing yourself in fear of failure.

I hate you for being easily swayed, influenced and impressionable.

And I'm sorry.

Sorry for taking your genius for granted.

Sorry for starting fights purely to see if you'll fight for our friendship.

Sorry for ignoring your texts or calls.

Sorry for empty promises and lies.

Sorry for belittling you or twisting your words.

Sorry for being judgmental and harsh.

Sorry for underestimating your intelligence.

Sorry for being jealous.

Sorry for projecting my insecurities on you.

And thank you.

Thank you for making me laugh so hard that I forget everything else.

Thank you for genuinely making me feel so special and worthy.

Thank you for being stupid with me.

Thank you for being the perfect model of what a friend should be.

Thank you for the long phone calls.

Thank you for the lengthy conversations, including the sad, philosophical, and hilarious ones.

Thank you for dreaming big with me.

Thank you for taking my side without any questions.

Thank you for being my partner in crime.

Thank you for understanding me like no else does.

Thank you for sticking around.

And I love you.

I love you for being relentless and devoted.

I love you for being crazy and saying yes to anything.

I love you for being able to make everything we do interesting and memorable, even math class.

I love you for your imaginative and creative brain.

I love you for persevering in the face of grief and sorrow.

I love you for thinking too much, just like me.

I love you for always having a plan.

I love you for always finding the funny side of the situation.

I love you for being a relentless romantic, starring in your own romcom.

I love you for being the best friend.

Love,

Clara