A Letter To My Psychic-Psycho

A Letter To My Psychic-Psycho

Thank you for being my mind reader when I need it most
27

This week, there hasn't been a quick answer to my question of "What am I going to write?" Usually, it comes to me immediately. I sit down and spew out a few hundred words of my thoughts. These past few days, however, I’ve been debating. Do I write about midterms? No. Then I decided I should write about a person. And, at that moment, the idea came to me. This person needs a little appreciation right now, and I think it’s about time I publicly announce my love for her.

Cameron Leigh Bell,

(Ron, preferably)

I honestly don’t know where to begin.

We have the same damn middle name for God's sake; we’re clearly meant to be. You came into my world around the most uncomfortable stage of my preteen life, and we instantly morphed into criminals together. The trouble the two of us would get ourselves into must be hidden away in a lock and safe until the end of eternity. (I won’t tell if you won’t.)

Don’t you worry, though -- I still have my laptop with all of the videos we used to take. We surely gave our parents a run for their money. Your insanity matches mine; the way in which we can relate to one another is unlike anything else. Your ability to bring out my crazy/weird side is such a unique trait. There is no one else on this planet who has seen me in my most compromised state. You make others feel this immediate sense of comfort once you meet them and it is incredibly inspiring. You are such a great contrast to my loud personality. You calm me in a way that others can’t. You also aren’t afraid to put me in my place when things get too far between Drewby and I. You snap me into shape. I appreciate your honesty more than you know. Whether it be about the “ugly” clothing I choose to wear or my ability to take life too far, you are always there to set me straight.

And, the most important thing of all:

You are my superhero. You are the strongest, most incredible human being I have ever met in my life. From the writers of "This Is Us," “you took the sourest lemon that life has to offer and turned it into something resembling lemonade.” You keep pushing forward every single day, thriving. Although you have been hit hard, harder than anyone could ever deserve, you still have this spark in you that is undeniable. I cannot even begin to imagine going through what you have had to endure. I can honestly say that for once, I am at a loss for words. You blow me away with everything you do. You have accomplished so much in such a little amount of time.

I consider myself an honorary Bell, especially since I named your dog, Luna. You are also clearly an additional Friedman. I mean, who else would wake up mid-nap and drive twenty minutes JUST to get back in bed and snuggle with me? I hope you look in the mirror and understand how utterly remarkable you are.

I miss you, woman, very much so. I may be a bit selfish wishing you were back in Cleveland talking to me on the regular, but I am so happy that you are in New Orleans blowing the entire population away.

Thank you for being the best “significant other” a girl could ask for in this screwed up world of ours. THANK YOU for being the sugar to my lemons (and vice versa).

I love love love you. More than these words could ever express.