A Letter For The Broken Spirit

A Letter For The Broken Spirit

Promised Joy Is Coming For You.
234

Dear Broken Spirit,

I have been where you are.

You are hurting so deep, that you might even feel hopeless. Or you might feel that you may not ever be the same because there is no way that the shattered pieces of your heart will ever be pulled back together. And yes, we’ve all heard the ever cliché saying “This too shall pass.”

But guess what? As cliché as the saying is, it’s true.

This certain painful season in your life will pass. And not just because people keep on telling you that it will, but because your Heavenly Father has, in fact, promised that it will.

In the year of 2016, I walked through one of the biggest storms in my life. It was as if my soul had been torn apart, and thrown to the ground, shattering into a million pieces. I thought I would never recover. Until I fully relied on God, realizing that I could not do this on my own, and He lovingly placed a few verses into my path.

And not just verses, but promises.

So I am here to tell you, from my own experience, that God always fulfills His promises. In His own timing, of course. And yes, healing does take time. But the Lord promises to be near to the broken spirit (Psalms 34:18), and so He shall be. In fact, He has promised to make something new, something beautiful, out of this pain that you are feeling.

“I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born” -Isaiah 66:9

And what I have learned from this verse personally, is that yes, God might take us down a different route in our lives than which we had planned for ourselves. But thank Him for this, my friend! You did not see this season of brokenness coming.

But guess what? God did.

Nothing surprises Him. He already sees the new and beautiful blessings that are going to take place of this situation. God blessed me with beautiful, unforeseen gifts that could only be born out of the pain that I went through. He is going to do the same thing for you, precious soul. You only need to trust Him. Fix your eyes on Him, not looking back at what has caused you grief.

“Forget the former things of the past! See, I am doing a new thing! …I am making a way in the wilderness, and streams in the wasteland” –Isaiah 43:18-19

Have peace in the fact that He already sees the bigger picture and has already gone before you to prepare you for the next step in healing. How amazing is that? I know that this dark and stormy night is causing your heart torment and weariness.

But as God said in Psalms 34:18, He has already promised to be with you in every step of the way. And let me be the one to tell you, that soon, joy will once again fill your heart. Something beautiful, stunning, will be born from this suffering. Just you wait. Your Father will restore you, loved one. You are His, and He is working in your favor.

Keep going, and do not look back. He will not let you fall.

With love,

Your sister in Christ