A Thank You Letter To My Fellow Orientation Leaders

Surviving off of coffee and each other.

126
Megan Keane

The busy three weeks of orientation have now come to a close and I'm sitting here reminiscing about all of the memories and friendships I've made. I realize now that the time we spent back at school, making orientation perfect, flew by and I didn't have time to thank you all.

I came into these three weeks pretty nervous, as I had only known a few of you, but from the moment we all met for the first time I felt comfortable in your presence. There was nothing but kind eyes and smiles from our first day to our last. In a group of 30 it's usually hard to get to know everyone, but in the amount of time we had together, I feel like I learned something interesting about all of you.

Spending every day with the same people can sometimes be rough, but you guys made it painless...almost. I say almost because now we're all speaking the same and I'm going through major withdrawals. Regardless, I want to say 'thank you' for real this time. I finally have all my thoughts in one place, so here it goes.

Thank you for dancing with me until 4 a.m. and singing until our voices disappeared. Thanks for making stuffing folders and backpacks fun, without you I would be miserable stepping into that room every day. Thank you for making icebreakers enjoyable and always being down to play one. Thank you for the trips to Dunkin' Donuts and sometimes spotting me for my iced coffee.

Thank you for all the hugs and late night snuggles when we were both falling asleep on the couch waiting to be dismissed. Thank you for not judging, but joining, me when I take yet another trip to the snack room. Thank you for the heart to hearts I wasn't expecting, especially the ones that lasted for a couple of hours. Thank you for eating in the dorm common room with me and then falling asleep on the couches. Thank you for always making fools out of yourselves just to try and make each other laugh.

Most of all, thank you all for being genuine people and for having my back. There were times when I would feel stressed or I would feel like crying, but it didn't go unnoticed. Whether I received a texting asking if I was okay, or you physically came up to me to ask what was wrong, I still felt cared about from all of you. It felt like home.

I can't wait to see you guys when school starts again. Three weeks with you was amazing. I can only imagine how a whole school year will be. Until then... FaceTime, call, or text me. I can't go a whole two months without talking to you. You've become a daily part of my everyday life, so you can't get rid of me that easy.