A Letter To Donald Trump From An 18-Year-Old Voter

In the midst of frequent negativity and hateful words, a genuine and encouraging letter to my president, Donald Trump.

85
Hollin Winters

Dear Mr. Trump,

You are my president. And because of that, I promise to pray for you every day. I will pray for your safety as you go through life day to day, your wisdom when making decisions, your consideration when talking to the public, your strength when hardship hits America, and your love for this country.

I am sure that I will not always agree with everything you say or every decision you make, but I promise you will never lose my support. I believe with a position as important as you hold, you deserve the support of every American you lead. And although my support of you might mean very little to many Americans that believe young voters are politically uninformed and lackadaisical when it comes to elections, I promise to never let this discourage me from doing my part as an American citizen to stand behind you as my president. I have put my trust and hope in you that you will truly bring this country to its highest potential, and make America great again.

I would also like to say thank you. Thank you for seeing the potential in this country, and wanting to earn a position that allows you to make it the very best it can be. Thank you for displaying to many people the important qualities of dedication, hard work, goals and success. I respect you because you are my president, but I also look up to you because of your personal success in many arenas in life.

So yes, I will send up a prayer for you every day; because I am thankful for the country I am blessed to live in, and the man who has been elected to represent it. Thank you, Donald Trump, you have my support.

Sincerely,

A young voter