A Letter To The Bride On Her Wedding Day

Just remember, the longest sentence you can form with two words is "I do."

69898
Weddingpaperie

To the beautiful bride,

It seems hard to believe that the day we once dreamed about while we played pretend for hours has finally arrived. Today is your wedding day! It's crazy to think that after all of these years of dreaming and scheming up not only the ideal wedding but also the perfect man that you are about to have both. Plus, you finally get to wear the beautiful white dress that you finally chose after so much thought as well as see each and every wedding detail that you pinned on your Pinterest wall come to life. I might actually see why people say that your wedding is one of the best days of your life.

I'm not even the one getting married and I am beyond excited for your wedding day. I know that you have chosen a wonderful man to be your future husband just as I am sure that you both are aware of how incredibly lucky you are to have found one another. In the time that you two have been together, it has been a true joy to watch your relationship grow from friendship to more. (But, honestly, from the moment you both met, everyone knew how that story was going to end). Watching you wait for the right man to enter your life and later fall in love with him, has given me hope that one day I will also find the once-in-a-lifetime, fairy-tale love that you have found in your soon-to-be-husband. As your bridesmaid and cousin, I am obligated to tell you that I will be there to help you each and every step of the way on your wedding day, but there are other things that I want to promise you.

This is your wedding day, a day that you have looked forward to since the time that you were a little girl. With that being said, I want today to be as perfect as you have always imagined that it would be. Therefore, as your bridesmaid I promise to hold your dress while you pee because let's be honest, that dress is heavy and hard to maneuver on your own and it is my hope that someday you will do the same for me. I also promise to not "ohhh and ahhh" over your dress too much because even though the dress you have chosen is gorgeous, it will never compare to the beauty that you possess. You have a beauty that shines from the inside out and on this special day, I want you to know that you look gorgeous because it is my hope that you will for once believe it. Also, I will be sure to do whatever it is you ask me to do on that day because your wedding day is all about you and your future husband celebrating your love and start of a new life together. There is something so incredible about that that I want you to be able to look back on this special day and remember it fondly. Even though everything will not go the way you imagined it to and may cause some confusion or frustrations, please remember this line from one of our favorite chick-flicks—27 Dresses.

I wish you and your future husband the best of luck in the future, even though I know that you two are on the road to marital bliss as we speak. I hope that your wedding day is everything that you always dreamed that it would be and strengthens the bond that you and your love share. I know that someday you will be able to look back on this hectic time with fond memories and know that it was all worth it in the end. But for now, simply enjoy the day and don't forget to actually smash some cake in his face.