Let's Play: Cards and Games!

Let's Play: Cards and Games!

Tired of playing the usual Uno, Cards Against Humanity, Chutes and Ladders, and Monopoly? Keep reading to discover new games to try!

48
Let's Play: Cards and Games!
https://www.timeout.com/usa/things-to-do/best-board-games

Although I am not an avid board game and card game player, over the past few years I have played some AWESOME games! Following is a list of some of my most favorite. Linked onto the photos are the link to purchase these games on Amazon--maybe you will give a few a try! Enjoy!

7 Wonders

7 Wonders

https://www.amazon.com/SEV01-7-Wonders/dp/B0043KJW5M/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=seven+wonders&qid=1594143917&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-1

A game of pure strategy, 7 Wonders is a game you can play with a group up to 7 of your friends (and more with expansion packs). Although this games comes up on the more so expensive side, it reigns superior! In this game you will control a city of the ancient world and lead by gathering resources, buying and selling, working your best strategy to gain points, and building a military. At the end of the 3 stages, each players' adds up their score and the person with the most wins!

This is by far one of my most favorite board games! The expansion packs are wonderful, as well.

SKIP BO

SKIP BO Card Game

https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-Games-1050-SKIP-Card/dp/B0000205XI/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Skip+Bo&qid=1594142631&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

From the makers of UNO comes another fun-filled card game. Although it may take a few tries to get down, Skip Bo is a fun pastime that can still bring out your competitive side. The objective of this game is to get through your stockpile of cards before the other players--first one wins! This is my go-to card game!

What Do You Meme?

What Do You Meme?

This game will get your gut hurting from laughing so much! A not-so-dirty version of Cards Against Humanity (however still ages 17+), What Do You Meme? displays one photo for the group playing to caption. Whoever makes the best meme according to the judge wins the card. This game has a vast amount of expansion packs to keep the humor coming. Some expansion packs include: Rick and Morty, Mean Girls, Game of Thrones, and even one for Stoners.

The Chameleon

The Chameleon

https://www.amazon.com/Cardinal-Industries-Chameleon-Multi-Award-Multicolor/dp/B07MV4NN5Z/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=chameleon&qid=1594141841&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

This board game is similar to more familiar games such as "Werewolf" or "Mafia" which are played with a deck of cards. The Chameleon starts with passing out cards, one of which reads "You Are The Chameleon." While everyone else knows which specific words is being described form the subject card, the Chameleon doesn't. It's the Chameleon's job to blend in and hopefully figure out which word is being described from the other players. If the Chameleon can't figure it out and gets caught, they lose!

This is an easy game to learn and a quick game to play. Perfect for family nights or time with friends!

UNO: Flip

UNO: Flip

https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-Games-Flip-Amazon-Exclusive/dp/B07P8WVZ5D/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=uno+flip&qid=1594141546&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

This is a fun twist on the classic game of UNO. These cards are double sided and when someone plays the special FLIP card, all cards are turned over for a new set! This special version brings in new cards like Draw 5 and Skip Everyone. Get this and next time you say "Let's play UNO!" maybe there won't be a collective groan.

Exploding Kittens

Amazon: Exploding Kittens

https://www.amazon.com/Exploding-Kittens-LLC-EKG-ORG1-1-Card/dp/B010TQY7A8

Exploding Kittens is an exciting card game that will even get Grandpa laughing! As reported by CNN, "It's like UNO, except there are goats, magical enchiladas, and kittens than can kill you." This kitty-powered version of Russian roulette takes about 15 minutes to play and can have up to 5 players. It is a game of luck and picking up the right cards at the right time. Draw an exploding kitten and you are outta the game!

Pass The Pigs

Pass The Pigs

This piggy version of dice will surely get you snortin'! Playing with up to 4 players, each person will take a turn rolling 2 pigs. Depending on how the pigs land will determine how many points you gather. But be careful, get an Oinker or Pig Out and you will lose points! What's also amazing about this game--you can take it anywhere!

Also, keep an eye out for a larger version of this game. With this game you will receive two foam-plush piggies to bounce and roll on the floor!