Let's Not Be Too Quick To Judge

Let's Not Be Too Quick To Judge

Don't judge a book by its cover.
33

The phrase, "don't judge a book by its cover" may sound corny but it is true and we should consider following it.

Let's face it, we're all guilty of judging someone before we even get to know them or we judge them as we get to know them. It's only human nature, but we shouldn't be so harsh and critical about why people do the things they do. We don't know the reasons behind people's actions so we should be open minded and not worry so much. Once we get to know a person we'll begin to understand why they are the way they are.

For example, I went to a concert a couple weeks ago and everyone had their own way of having fun that night. Some people were just dancing to the beat, others were clapping their hands to the beat calmly, while others went all out and were taking selfies, snap chats, Instagram videos , and everything else you can imagine. I over heard someone in our circle of people talking about how some people didn't seem like they were having fun because they weren't going all out like other people. I really wanted to say something but I knew it wasn't my place so I kept what I wanted to say to myself.

Hopefully, everyones parents taught them about judgement and how mis-interpretations of others can lead to false assumptions because we were to quick to judge. I'm guilty of it: I've been a little too quick to judge sometimes and then end up finding out the real reason behind things. We're not perfect and no one expects us to be.