Let Us Abide In Him

Let Us Abide In Him

He extends His hand, let us grab on and never let go.
18

This past week, I heard something so simple, yet so profound, that I couldn't help but stop and listen.

Have you ever lost sight of the fact that we are called to abide in Him? We are called to abide in the one who breathes life into our lungs. Who catches us when we fall. Who is a constant in a world run by chaos. We are called and beckoned by the gentle extension of a hand, to fall at the feet of the cross. To hold on for dear life and never let go. We are called to abide in He who forgave us of all our sins.

As believers, we are offered an olive branch. We are offered a branch that leads to eternal life. If we just choose to reach out, grab on and hold on, we can be free of guilt, of fear and of shame. We are given a branch to hold onto, and if we choose to grab on, we will find freedom. Freedom in His endless Grace and magnificent love.

So, why do we, why do I, struggle to abide in Him? When we abide in His plan, in His love and in His grace, life is beautiful. It is not pain free and chaos is not banished, but rather, abiding in Jesus Christ brings about a sense of peace. A peace that guides you, a peace that allows you to stand with confidence and in love, because you are apart of a tree that never wilts or breaks. You are apart of his tree. We are all apart of His creation, we are His children and he extends a strong, unbreakable branch before each on of us. The only question is, will you, will I choose to abide in Him?

In 1 John 15:4 it says,

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me."

He calls you and I to abide in Him. He extends a hand, a branch, that holds something greater than you've ever imagined. So, what are you waiting for? Reach out, hold on and abide in Jesus Christ, the one who brings life to even the most brittle of all branches.