I did not find God until I was a senior in high school. I had gone to church sometimes when I was little and started going to youth group on Wednesdays when my friends went. After a while, it became a Wednesday and Sunday routine. Once I graduated from high school, I was somewhat done with the youth programs at my church and was left on my own. That's when I found what I truly needed - Bible verses. They are just sentence or two to give me hope and faith to keep going and know that He is always with me.
Thanks to the Internet, I have been able to really find verses that are very meaningful to me in my life. Even though I have a bunch, I am only going to give the ones that have helped me the most. Most of the verses are about the future, which is something that I feel like most people struggle with accepting.
1. "So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today." - Matthew 6:34
I actually have this verse hanging on the wall in front of my bed to remind me that what happens today stays with today. It also explains that there is no need to be anxious for the future because God will only bring the troubles one day at a time.
2. "The sufferings of the present are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18
Life is a lot like a roller coaster; there are ups and downs and twists you did not expect, but because of the adventure we have though life, we will live with God for all eternity. The problems are only temporary, they help us grow into who we are and who we will become.
3. "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." - Isaiah 43:2
If God is putting you though it, He will not lead you alone. His reasoning for putting you though a tough time is because it is to make you stronger, smarter and closer to Him.
4. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24
Thanks to God, we wake up each morning. We must give him thanks for all that he does. Without him, there would not be this day. Glory be to God.
5. "I know that there is nothing better for them than to be happy and enjoy themselves as long as they live." - Ecclesiastes 3:12
God has put us on this earth for a reason and purpose. He wants us to have a good time and be thankful for what we have. He also knows that once we are in the kingdom of Heaven with him, all we will know is happiness.
6. "When I am afraid. I put my trust in you." - Psalm 56:3
As some people say, "let go and let God," which is giving your worries and burdens to Him. He will deal with them and keep you safe.
7. "He replied, 'What is impossible for mortals is possible for God.'" - Luke 18:27
There are so many things on earth that seem impossible for us to comprehend or do, but with God everything and anything is possible. He is all knowing and all powerful, nothing can stop Him.
8. "Jesus answered, 'You do not know now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'" - John 13:7
Life is so crazy sometimes and it's hard to understand why things happen. Everything happens for a reason. It may not make sense now or in twenty minutes. One day, He will come full circle and shine light onto His perfect plan that He has just for you.
9. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight." - Proverbs 3:5
He knows us better than we know ourselves. That is because He created us with our own special looks, unique talents and traits. When you give Him your trust, He will give you His guidance.
10. "...for we walk by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7
God knows where we have been and where we are going. It is all in His divine plan. By walking in faith, we are giving all of our doubts about life to Him. In return, He is giving us the support of knowing that He is there with us.
11. "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." - John 10:11
God gave His only son to us, only for Him to die on the cross for our sins. We are God's sheep, and He is our shepherd. He would do anything and everything for us, and He does.
All verses are from the New Standard Revised Edition