I'm Limiting My Social Media Time And You Should To

Living with more intention.

97

Even though I don't post on social media too often, I tend to scroll through Twitter, Instagram, and even Facebook for hours. It's a bad habit. But honestly, it is relaxing to go through these platforms and see what people are up to, or the latest news, or even funny videos.

I think social media is a great thing because it connects people that are far away from each other or don't get a chance to see each other a lot. But it also takes time away from us being present with our friends and family that we do get to see.

I don't think I would completely remove myself from social media, but I want to be more intentional about spending a shorter amount of time on social media, or going on for a specific reason, and being aware of what I post. As I'm getting older, I am realizing the importance of being intentional with my thoughts, my words, my actions, and the way I present myself. Being intentional means doing things with purpose and I firmly believe that we get what we put into the world; so if I don't really have a purpose for going onto social media other than to just see what's there or to kill time, that's not really worth my time. If I'm trying to be more intentional about social media, then I should go onto Facebook and see what my friend posted, maybe respond, and then move on to another activity.

While I know this is going to be hard because I love scrolling through Twitter accounts of cute puppies and baby animals, I think it's what I need. And I think this is a good start for me to living my life with more intention because social media is a huge part of our lives, as much as we want to deny it. So by doing this, I am living my life with a bit more intention, and hopefully, I can figure out my purpose.