Leggings: The Universal Pants

Leggings: The Universal Pants

Why leggings are the only pants you'll ever need in college.

55
Leggings: The Universal Pants

When you're in high school, your life really isn't all that interesting. You wake up, go to school, come home, sleep, and repeat the process. But since coming to college, I've noticed that my day to day activities have become far more varied. And for all of these activities, you need an outfit, which means that you might find yourself changing two or three times in one day just to look appropriate for all of the things you need to do.

As a girl who hates pants and decisions, this can be a struggle for me. I hate jeans with a burning passion (literally, I want to burn them) but can't exactly be going pants-less to class. Save that for the weekend, you crazy kids. Luckily, I own multiple pairs of Lulu Lemon's gift to the world: leggings. I am here to tell you right now that leggings are the only pants you will ever need to own during your four undergraduate years because they are socially acceptable to wear in all of the following locations.

Class

What, you expect me to dress up for class? It's 8 in the morning and I'm in a 500 person political science lecture that is mostly full of freshmen anyway. I'm really not trying to impress anyone so, yeah, I'm going to walk in (late) wearing a pair of leggings and the t-shirt I slept in last night. Sidenote: If you are trying to impress someone, those leggings will make your butt look great, so it's a win-win.

Gym

I'm pretty sure this is where yoga pants were intended to be worn. Wearing leggings to the gym is awesome because you can go workout between classes and show up to class wearing the same outfit without anyone batting an eye. And as mentioned before, you're newly toned a** will look great while you out-squat all of the guys around you.

Coffee/Lunch Date

If your boyfriend can't make the effort to take you out on a real dinner date, then you can't make the effort to throw on a real outfit for him. But at least he can enjoy the view while you walk away.

Casual Night Out

Whether you're stopping by a frat's Thursday night beer pong tourney or just hitting up your local dive bar for Sunday night karaoke, there's really no need to pull out all the stops. You're trying to kick back and have a couple drinks, so you might as well be comfortable. And maybe a cute guy will take interest in how nice your butt looks! Which is great because leggings are an inconspicuous thing to wear on a walk of shame home at 9 a.m.

Bed

Personally, I don't feel the need to wear pants to bed — sorry roommate — but honestly, leggings are more than comfortable enough to fall asleep in. So whether you're drunkenly passing out or just too tired from hours of studying to remove your clothes, at least you'll be comfortable when you wake up! Disclaimer: There is no one to stare at your a** in bed, but at least you know it looks great. 

Need I say more? Bottom line is leggings are love, leggings are life, and leggings will make anyone's a** look two times better than any other pants will. It's science.