Good And Bad Sides Of LED Light Therapy Devices

Everything you need to know about the light therapy devices

17

We all know how important sunlight is for our body!!

An appropriate amount of sunlight is essential for everyone, no matter whatever their age is.

But many people are getting deprived of exposure to this natural light—especially those who are job holders or are indoors most of the days.

The issues that these people started to face were insomnia and various other depression conditions. Mainly those who worked night shifts. As they worked at nights and slept during the days. So they were completely out of exposure from the sun's light.

Light therapy devices were mainly designed for people suffering from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorders) or any other forms of depressions. These therapy lights also benefit people who have severe issues of sleeping disorders and, to some extent, can also favor people suffering from memory loss like Alzheimer's.

But it's not necessarily true that all the bright light therapy devices will turn out to be the best.

But you need to worry about it at all!!

Through this article, you'll be knowing about the differences between good and evil, light therapy devices. Therefore, keep reading to learn all about the ins and outs of light therapy devices.

Light Therapy Devices: What Are These?

If this is your first time hearing or reading about this device, there's nothing to worry about. As after you have gone through the complete article, you'll be knowing everything regarding light therapy devices, including their differences!!

Light therapy devices are those devices that imitate the light of the sun. It simply means that these devices are more like a box that emits light which has similar benefits to the sun's light.

But one thing that you need to keep in mind is that this device is entirely artificial, which means the actual benefits you'll get from the exposure to the sun that you won't completely get from this device!!!

The help that this device provides is it improves the circadian rhythm of your body.

Now, you might already be wondering, "What's circadian rhythm?"

-Circadian rhythm is like the body's internal clock. It helps you to improve the sleep-wake cycle of the body.

LED light therapy devices are well-known for their abilities to cure various disorders. Although, the time it takes to completely recover a patient may vary depending on the type of condition the patient's suffering.

Light Therapy Devices: Good Vs. Bad!!!

Light therapy devices are undoubted "a blessing" to many people, but they can also prove out to be a curse as well!!

As you go along with the article, you'll be knowing more about the pros and cons of various light therapy devices.

Infrared Light: Good And Bad Sides

These light rays are more like "the invisible force of beauty." The reason I'm saying this is because you simply can't see infrared light with your naked eyes.

Infrared light therapy devices are used for various skin conditions like muscle discomfort and more. But mainly, it's used for making the skin more glowy and smooth.

Many celebrities go crazy for this treatment, and many have also undergone this infrared light therapy. This therapy activates the beauty of the skin by boosting up blood circulation and accelerates the healing of the skin cells or muscles.

This therapy is also capable enough to remove toxins and can burn up calories.

The infrared device that people buy for their homes is the size of a sleeping bag. Therefore, you can take it wherever you want. Moreover, the price is also reasonable enough. So, there shouldn't be complaints regarding it.

But one thing that sometimes puts infrared light therapy into a bad name is some dermatologists think that the heat that emits from these devices can cause pigmentation conditions like melasma to burst up.

Therefore, it's highly recommended to keep the skin under continuous monitoring as long as you go through the therapy.

Red Light Therapy Device: Pros And Cons

The red light therapy device is not as exact as infrared light because you can see the red light with your eyes but not the infrared light.

This therapy is well famous for its beauty purposes. And it can actually be very friendly to your skin.

Red light therapy devices are most commonly seen in the clinic and can be used for inflammatory conditions of the patients like it helps with the collagen stimulations. It can also help to lessen the lines and reduce redness as it relieves rosacea.

The innovation of the red light therapy devices has reached such an extent that the manufacturer started to design at-home red light therapy devices at a very affordable cost.

These can be used for a full-body treatment and can also be the best remedy for acne and wrinkles. The moment you start using this therapy, you'll be seeing changes in your face, and it can glow up your skin, making you look younger and more beautiful.

Although it's very safe to use, it still has got some opposing sides as well. This therapy can cause irritation, mild or severe headaches, your eyes might pain ( not for long), and insomnia can also occur.

Blue Light Therapy: Positive And Negative Impacts

The light that comes out of your computers or other electronic devices like mobile phones and laptops can emit blue light.

But yet there are confusions and questions regarding whether blue light therapy has any detrimental effects on your circadian rhythm or not!

As there is no evidence regarding this fact, dermatologists are taking blue light to be a "good" therapy option for in-office and at-home treatments.

The specialty of blue light therapy is also in destroying bacteria that are responsible for acne and wrinkles. It can also stimulate collagen and can also ease the causes of aging.

But this therapy has its own flaws!!! Many types of research have shown the light that comes from the screens of electronic devices can cause hyperpigmentation.