Leave smoking with an e-cigarette - from marketing spin to your own choice!

With an e-cigarette, you can stop smoking! This line seems ironic and as an unconvincing marketing technique to both smokers and nonsmokers.

37

With an e-cigarette, you can stop smoking! This line seems ironic and as an unconvincing marketing technique to both smokers and nonsmokers. After decades of warnings about the dangers and fatal consequences of smoking, which have had to be highlighted on the packages of tobacco products in the form of a short word of warning, and in some states and visually, it is unsurprising that people are wary of e-cigarettes as a smoking cessation option.

The original e-cigarette, believe it or not, was patented fifty years ago, but it was never sold as a commercial product. Ten years ago, the Vaping Revolution ('vaping') was introduced, with a significant take-up in just a few years, resulting in constant advancements connected to the product itself, as well as an increase in the number of users and profit created.

It spawned a cult-like following of ardent supporters who extol its superiority over traditional tobacco cigarettes. However, as with every subculture, they outnumber their opponents.

Subculture is characterized as a departure from and/or rejection of generally accepted behavioral norms, appearances, and thought patterns, among other things. By choosing something different, members of the subculture stand out in the crowd. However, their decision may elicit criticism based on a fear of the new, unusual, and, most importantly, unknown. A subculture's description, definition, and regulation of particular rules is one approach to comprehend and embrace it. On the other end of the line, there was an electronic cigarette.

Her dizzying ascent and growing popularity drew the attention of the growing community of vapers and the general public. Is it genuinely superior or 'healthier than a traditional cigarette? Can it aid in the cessation of smoking? Is it actually safe for nonsmokers who are close to the vaper? Should it have the same legal standing as other tobacco products? Because it is a relatively new product with limited study, it is increasingly discussing the necessity for additional research and the implementation of legislative regulations.

The legal control of vape products is adequate, but the issue of a push for more immediate action despite a lack of scientific evidence should be examined through the lens of the pharmaceutical and tobacco industries' campaign. To put it another way, the cigarette industry loses money with each new buffer.

Ten years ago, e-cigarettes had a minimal market share compared to traditional cigarettes. However, as e-cigarettes grew in popularity and sales, they began to threaten tobacco industry earnings. The same can be said for the pharmaceutical industry, whose smoking products appear to be losing the war against e-cigarettes, becoming an increasingly popular transitional means in the quitting process.

Is nicotine present in the e-cigarette? Yes! Does it contain a slew of other harmful ingredients, like traditional cigarettes? Not! So, if it's okay that products are legally equated without extensive research, limiting sales, marketing, and consumption, because e-cigarettes are in the cigarette principle. Perhaps candies containing chocolates filled with fruit liqueurs should be sold alongside wine and vodka. Because that is the reality, and that is alcohol.

So, who is to believe it? Scientists, 50th, who sent the World Health Organization (WHO) an appeal to not equate e-cigarettes with classic tobacco products, that e-cigarettes are observed as a twenty-first-century discovery that could significantly help reduce smoking disease or believe those who stubbornly equalize both products by focusing solely on their touchpoints.

Time will show the truth and then be different from 'ordinary' smokers, be cyber punkers, be yours and ... Decide how to stop smoking!

But attention to all future vapers - nonsmokers: vaping in Australia is banned. Without a prescription, you will no longer be able to legally purchase vaping nicotine items such as nicotine e-cigarettes, disposable vape devices, nicotine pods, and nicotine liquid from overseas websites after October 1, 2021.

Is it the path in which the world is heading, without the opportunity of democratic choice and the prohibition introduced as a health care?