Change Is Inevitable, And I Am Learning To That

​"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves." - Viktor E. Frankl
96

Change, it's inevitable.

Lately, I feel like that is all that's ever happening around me.

It's a weird thing to think about when everything you are so used to suddenly starts to slip from your fingers. When suddenly things don't feel how they used to feel. That's when you know something has changed.

Situations come, and sometimes, there is no other option than to change, whether it is for better or for worse.

Although sometimes, I feel like I have the whole "changing" thing figured out, I don't, and to be honest, I'm not sure if I ever will. Change is something I have never been good at and have always been scared of.

Many people fear change because it gives you the sense of losing control. When you don't feel in control of yourself, your life or a situation it can make you feel uneasy.

When people say that we are creatures of habit, they are not wrong.

As some may say repetition is key, it's easy to follow a routine because every day there are no surprises. Now, if that routine becomes out of order or something new gets added in, that's when people start to become panicked.

Some think of change like the ripple effect when you throw a pebble into the open water and continuous ripples start to form. Therefore, it is thought that if you change one part of your life, that means everything else will change as well, but this isn't entirely true.

Sometimes, the reason people are so scared of change is that they don't realize that is what they need most in life. People get so caught up in a daily routine or a bad situation that they start to think that it's the only way things should be.

It's OK to not feel in control sometimes.

It's OK to feel like things are different.

Without change, whether it's something small or something that is totally life changing, we would never learn to grow.

We need growth in order to become better people and make better decisions.

Recently, I have been trying to learn to love change and to understand why it is completely necessary.

Look at it like this: When you have the option to change something, why wouldn't you?

The last thing you should want is to be stuck in the same place, doing the same thing.

Take a moment, think about what you can change and do it.

I know I am only 21 years old, but it feels like there is already a lot changing around me, and I know there is much more to come.

After all, change is inevitable.