​Learning to Forgive Those Who Have Hurt You

It is possible to forgive those who have hurt you before? When someone has inflicted pain on us, whether it was emotional or physical, somehow, one day it becomes possible to forgive them. It becomes impossible to live with such pain, that we need to understand others and forgive them. This doesn't mean getting back what you once had, but moving on with your life.

Maybe they didn’t mean to hurt you. Things are complicated in life and it can be a mess. Some relationships leave us scarred and broken hearted. These scars remain well hidden. I'm not only referring to romantic relationships but any relationship between two individuals. It could be with your father, mother, sister, or friend.

After some time, the pain lessens or we chose to forget it. Life can bring us surprises after we learn to forgive them. Relationships with this individual can blossom into something new and finally, life can be good again.

When we forgive, we can gain compassion and sympathize. When we forgive, it heals not only you but the other individual who hurt you.

In order to move on with life, and have some closure we need to understand that we need to forgive and move on. It is not good to live with so much suffering from the past in life. The day where we can sit with that someone and both have achieved forgiveness is a feeling like no other. Both of you have made it out of the hell and survived it. We have the power to change a situation and change our reaction to it.

It is important to close that chapter in our lives before beginning another one. We are lucky if we get to forgive. I believe forgiving others alleviates our spirit and unburdens us. We can feel happy again. We deserve to live life to the fullest. We learn to forgive friends, parents, lovers, and many others who have hurt us. It is part of the process of being human and growing up.

There will always be obstacles in our lives, but how we deal with them define us. After forgiving others, it can make us stronger. When we are young, since we begin school, we are taught to say sorry and forgive others. As adults, we need to do the same.