9 Timeless Life Lessons Lessons Only Farm Kids Learned Growing Up

And I'm not just talking about taking care of plants or animals.
3439

Having grown up on a farm is something I wouldn't change for the world.Not everyone had the same childhood though, and they didn't learn all the things that I did. So here are nine things you know to be true if you grew up on a farm.

1. Just about anything can be fixed with twine, duct tape or WD40.

Who needs fancy mechanics or equipment when you've got some good ol' farm ingenuity

2. If it can't be fixed, call Dad or Grandpa.

When ingenuity doesn't work, ask the professionals.

3. Don't trust everything the weatherman says.

You might not see any rain coming today Mr. Weather Man but I can feel it.

4. Boots can go with any outfit.

From PJ pants for morning chores or a sundress for church, boots go with it all.

5. There isn't always time to stop for dinner.

Sometimes there's too much to do and too little time and stopping for a full meal isn't realistic.

6. But there's always time to stop for grace.

If there's time to eat, there's time to pray.

7. Everyone has a favorite brand.

Whether it be John Deere or Case IH, Chevy or Ford everyone has a side.

8. Plant and harvest are the most stressful times of year.

Don't even bother trying to plan anything else during these times of year.

9. No one else gets it unless they've lived it.

The only ones who get farm life, are the ones who've lived farm life.