20 Things I Learned Before Turning 20

20 Things I Learned Before Turning 20

… You Learn A Lot By 20 ...
93

While January 1st, to many, is simply New Year's Day - a fresh start - to me, January 1st also marks my birthday.

This Year - 2018 - I turned 20, and while that may not seem like much, I definitely learned quite the amount of information.

Here are 20 Things I Learned Before Turning 20.

20. Be Patient:

Remember, a wise man once said, “Good things come to those who wait..”

19. It Is Okay To Fail:

John Powell said, “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..”

18. High School Is Just A Phase:

Much like everything, it doesn’t last forever. However, there are some good aspects, therefore cherish those memories … Forever.

17. Adventure More:

… Even if it is simply a midnight trip to Target or Walmart.

16. Listen To Music .. Lots Of Music:

‘Nuff said.

15. Its Okay To Say No:

Don’t let peer pressure get to you.

14. Live In The Moment:

Stop worrying about the FUTURE and forget the PAST. The time is NOW.

13. Work Hard:

As Colin Powell once said, “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work..”

12. Time Flies:

… Especially when you are having fun.

11. People Change:

It is simply one part of this thing called life.

10. Ask Questions:

You’ll be surprised just how much you learn from those around you!

9. Face Your Fears:

… Even if it is simply something as big (or small) as heights.

8. Be Wise With Your Money:

… But, at the same time, splurge on yourself. Treat yo’ self, girl.

7. Ask More Questions:

… Seriously, do not be afraid to seek answers … even for the questions that may be silly.

6. Stop Saying Sorry & Do You:

… Especially for the small, petty stuff. You do you, booboo.

5. Be Kind:

Always.

4. Smile More:

As Roman Atwood always says at the end of his vlogs, “Smile More..”

3. Use A Planner:

Seriously.. It’ll make your life so, so much more organized!

2. Take Pictures & Create Memories:

… Especially good for the days when you need a little bit of a pick-me-up.

1. Do More Of What Makes YOU Happy:

… Remember, it’s YOUR life.

… And you’ve still got so, so much to learn!

"Everything is a learning process.. Anytime you fall over, it is just teaching you to stand up next time..." - Joel Edgerton