10 Things You Learn Dating A Farmer

10 Things You Learn Dating A Farmer

Hope you don't mind dealing with a little extra dirty laundry.
724

It takes a special kind of person to be a farmer and it takes special people to deal with us farmers. It's not always fun or glamorous, trust me. Here are ten things you learn dating a farmer.

1. Work comes first.

Our living comes from quite literally caring for other living things, whether it be crops or livestock. That said our work will almost always come first.

2. The hours aren't always the greatest.

Late nights, early mornings and not many breaks depending on the time of year and want all needs done.

3. Don't expect too much from of us during harvest.

Honestly the same could be said for planting and birthing seasons. Our fourty hour work week will be put in from the combine by Wednesday and we still won't be done. There isn't time for much else.

4. But tractor dates can always be a thing.

I can take you for a ride on my big green (and even red) tractor.

5. Sometimes we'll come home pretty gross.

Farm work isn't always clean work. Not many people can smell good after cleaning sweating up a storm or trecking through manure. Not too mention all the dirt and stains.

6. There's a lot of laundry.

Dirty work means dirty clothes. Lots of dirty clothes. Be prepared for all the laundry. Supersize loads are normal.

7. We always know what the weather will be.

The weather app is probably the most used app on my phone.

8. Sometimes we'll be stressed to the max.

Nothing is guaranteed in farming. A lot of our prosper is up to God, And sometimes that'll stress us out greatly.

9. Sometimes we'll be too tired for to do anything.

Between the long hours and manual labor some nights we'll fall asleep immediately after dinner. And our rare days off we might just want to rest.

10. But we genuinely care.

Farming isn't necessarily a get rich fast job, but that's not why we keep doing it. Sure, making money is great, but the reason we farm is to feed people, to clothe people and to house them. We farm because we truly care about others.