5 Tips To Survive Long Distance Relationships

For a lot of people, college is a place to find love and romance. Being able to see your SO everyday while in school is great, but having to be long distance over the summer can seem like the end of the world. Here are some tips to make long distance a little bit easier.

Facetime WILL become your best friend

This is my biggest tip for long distance. My biggest fear was losing the spark and connection that I have with my boyfriend, and hearing his voice every night and being able to catch up with each other made it feel like he was (almost) with me.

Try to see each other at least every other week 

Now this one may be hard considering different people's situations, but it has helped me so much already. Seeing my man in person and being able to hug him and just be with him gives me something to look forward to and nothing beats seeing him in person!

Be open and honest 

Sometimes in a relationship, you can feel lonely, especially when your long distance. Instead of letting insecurity get in the way, be honest with your partner and let them know you feel this way.

Keep yourself busy 

Use the time apart from your SO to your advantage! Take some you time and keep busy with a hobby or take time to work more. Distracting yourself is a great way to forget how much you miss that special someone.

Don't give up!

It may seem hard and like you want to give up sometimes, but when you see your SO in person and get to hold them in your arms it makes everything worth it.