Being In A Long Distance Relationship Is Hard, But Worth It
relationships

Being apart is a challenge but, it makes the heart grow fonder.

360
unsplash.com

Maybe you met your sweetheart when you were close by, maybe an hour or less away from each other. Seeing each other all the time was amazing. You could get breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or see a movie and the day would be great.

Your phone was filled with pictures of you both because there was not a time when you were not together. Well now, you're both in college and you are separated from someone you love with all your soul, and it hurts.

Your phone is flooded with emails now. There are piles of homework to do and you just want to drop it all and go see them. Weeks go by, months go by without seeing your other half. It's heartbreaking.

No, it truly does hurt, when you are with the right person. You want to be with them every second and see how they are doing. You want to hug them and celebrate when you aced your first exam, or be held when you fail a big test.

But that cannot happen, realistically. And just simply knowing that breaks you down. One of your biggest supporters are so far away and you feel alone, you feel lost without them. The constant state of helplessness brings you down, you feel like you have no one to turn to.

Little do you know, your significant other is rooting for you, miles away. Even though they may see you once a day over FaceTime or Skype, they are there. You get to tell them how your day was, what all you did, and that you miss them.

And they are proud of you. They tell you that you are loved without a single doubt and that there is not a day that goes by when they don't think about you and how you are doing. You go to bed wishing they were there because it would just make falling asleep so much easier. You want to wake up and see their adorable face in the morning.

But they are always there, in our heart and in our mind. They are thinking of you, too. You are never alone, and as time goes on, you will feel less alone each day. You pray to see them soon and it gives you hope that the day will come, and you will have more pictures, memories, and a whole lifetime with your love ahead of you. Because being with them makes it worth the wait.