With my freshman year coming to an end, I realized a lot of things. I made new friends, I found new hobbies, and I learned a lot of lessons. One of them being that the "Freshman 15" is very real and very scary.
While my friends and family have attempted multiple times to convince me that I'm just being dramatic (I am), I still want to make a change in my lifestyle or I will, in all seriousness, be on track to the "Sophomore 20".
Here is a list of my best gym and healthy lifestyle tips that I am slowly attempting to live by this summer in order to resurrect Emily's 18-year-old body and health.
1. Increase water intake.
2. Find a gym buddy.
3. Start off with cardio.
4. Don't stop on your cardio until you're dripping in sweat.
5. Chug a LOT of water an hour before the gym.
Do not do it right before, or you will be in pain.
6. Eat light beforehand but just enough to hold you over.
7. Plan out what your routine will be BEFORE you get there.
My routine: Elliptical for a mile, Stairmaster for 10 minutes, ab HIIT workout for 10 minutes, 5 more minutes on Stairmaster.
8. Buy healthy foods while you're feeling motivated.
9. Find a gym that isn't too far from your house.
10. Don't get mad at yourself if you don't see results in a day.
I know this is a hard one.