Why Lara Jean Covey Should Have Picked John Ambrose McClaren

Lara Jean Should've Ended Up With John Ambrose, And I'll Die On This Hill

Because they're both kind of lame, but in a cool way.

1434

Everyone knows Peter Kavinsky, the star of Netflix's "To All The Boys I've Loved Before." He's a heartthrob, a lacrosse star, and an incredibly sweet boy to boot. He and Lara Jean Covey got together after an accidental love letter was sent and a fake relationship turned real. Their relationship is incredibly loving, healthy, and sweet. However, I believe there is someone else who would be a better fit for Lara Jean.

Lara Jean Covey should have ended up with John Ambrose McClaren at the end of "To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You."

Here are 10 reasons that provide definitive proof that Lara Jean and John Ambrose are a much better fit for each other. I love Peter Kavinsky just as much as the next girl, but John Ambrose McClaren is definitely the better boyfriend:

1. John Ambrose and Lara Jean have sweet childhood memories together.

From reading "Harry Potter" together in the Robertson's treehouse to going as food puns for Halloween together, these two have the sweetest history. They had eyes for each other even then, which serves as a beautiful testament to how long they've had feelings for each other.

2. He writes real letters!

In a world of sliding into people's DM's and simply communicating over text, nothing is more romantic than a hand-written letter. Letters mean someone took the time and effort to sit down and write something meaningful, which is one of the most loving things a guy can do for a girl.

3. He immediately rushes to Lara Jean's aid when she needs it.

We all know Lara Jean is a notorious klutz, but when she faints after realizing her love letters are out, all Peter does is run up to her saying his (admittedly iconic) "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" When Lara Jean falls out of the shock of seeing John Ambrose again, he immediately runs up to her and makes sure she isn't concussed. We stan a boy who makes sure his crush is healthy.

4. He only cared about Lara Jean’s affections in middle school.

Excuse me while I scream incoherently for the next two hours.

5. Lara Jean’s love letter to John Ambrose was the most passionate out of all the letters she wrote.

The even more powerful part of this scene in the movie is that Lara Jean never answers the question of which letter was more intense. But the way she sighs and flops back onto her bed proves her letter to John Ambrose was the most intense. Plus, if you've read the books, you'll know that Lara Jean writes about how much she cares for John Ambrose, and she only writes to Peter about how arrogant she thinks he is.

6. He plays the piano.

What's more swoon-worthy than a guy who can play the piano? Plus, John Ambrose is such a talented player! He can serenade me any time.

7. Lara Jean is the reason everyone calls him John Ambrose.

The fact that he asked everyone to include his middle name so that he could match Lara Jean speaks volumes about how much he cares about their relationship. He obviously still cared about his relationship with Lara Jean and the little things they shared together as kids. The fact that their names match is seriously so cute.

8. He's so easy to talk to.

John Ambrose is wise beyond his years, which allows him and Lara Jean to have some very meaningful heart-to-heart conversations throughout the course of the movie. He's driven and focused on his future, and he genuinely cares about Lara Jean's life outside of simple teenage things. He's very wise for a high schooler, and that's simply wonderful.

9. He is an exceptional dance partner.

If you've read the book, like I did, you'll know we were robbed of seeing John Ambrose in a WW2 soldier's uniform at the USO-themed party at Belleview. But the movie still gives us a pretty nice dance scene between Lara Jean and John Ambrose. Who wouldn't love to play in the snow with John Ambrose McClaren?

10. He's loyal, almost to a fault.

Peter Kavinsky, I love you, and I always will. But WHY ON EARTH would you consistently go back to Gen every time you're given the opportunity?! I can sort of understand being there for her through all of the drama happening with her family (though not to that extent!), but protecting her when you knew she filmed the hot tub video? Unacceptable. John Ambrose was loyal to Lara Jean even after all these years, which makes him a much better pick for her.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.