Your Guide To Laptop Stickers

Your Guide To Laptop Stickers

Show off your personality with minimal effort and maximum style.
461

In the midst of midterms, it's all too easy to let the stress control your life. You can't really be yourself when the number of espresso shots drank in one day is inversely proportional to the number of hours slept in one night. In this zombie-like state, floating from lecture to library and directly to bed, every ounce of humanness and uniqueness in you needs to shine more than ever. And the easiest way to show your personality, without even needing to crack a smile at the other sad students around you, is to decorate your laptop and water bottle with personalized stickers. On redbubble.com, they're cheap, well-made, and always on sale (buy 5, get them all 50% off!). Even better, since they're designed by website members, there are myriad designs to suit your every need. Here are some ideas to get your laptop/sticker scrapbook started.

Band stickers

As you can see on my own laptop (above), I have band stickers from five of my favorite artists: the Black Keys, Explosions in the Sky, Ben Howard, the xx, and Death Cab for Cutie. Additionally, on my water bottle (not pictured) I display Led Zeppelin and Childish Gambino stickers.

TV show stickers

You like the Office? There are stickers for that. You like Parks and Rec? There are stickers for that. You like Friends? There are stickers for that, too. Don't let yourself be limited - a laptop sticker with an inside joke from your favorite show is a great icebreaker at the library, cafe, or in class.

Movie stickers

On that note, you might want to display your favorite movie to the world - an equally good, if not better, conversation starter as television shows.

Hometown pride

On my laptop, I mark my new home that I've made in California, but I proudly show off my New Jersey roots on my water bottle. There are stickers from Redbubble for all 50 states, but I got my Calif sticker from the brand Never Elsewhere for free!

Your university

Although Redbubble has plenty of universities represented on the site, your school's bookstores or local artists are sure to be selling stickers, too! On my laptop I have a sticker designed by a Cal alum, shown above and below.

Organizations you're a part of

Free (well, cheap) advertising for your club! Some organizations, like fraternities and sororities, may provide you with their own (see my laptop - my ZTA sticker!), but other organizations are shown on sites like Redbubble.

Events you've attended / Places you've been

On my laptop, you'll see that I display a sticker from Gov Ball, a music festival in New York City; on the Berkeley campus, it's really common to see Coachella stickers. Feel free to show off your favorite place in the whole world, may it be the beach, the mountains, or a city. Certain businesses, like cafes or tattoo parlors, have stickers by the cash register for your taking (or purchase)!

Your major / Your field of study

A club on campus dedicated to my major, Molecular and Cellular Biology, sells stickers that I have happily purchased for my computer. But you can also find stickers related to your academic or research interests.

Cool designs

Some stickers are just pretty! Get out there and express yourself. If you're looking to support a local artist (instead of Redbubble), these are much more common. On my laptop, I have four Chevron-style stripes that were meant for my bike, but I thought looked nice on my laptop.

Other stuff you like

Show off your favorite actors, your favorite animals, your favorite chemicals (I had caffeine on my laptop until just last week!), or even your favorite foods - or even some combination of these, as shown below. The options are really almost limitless. Get creative and enjoy your form of self expression!