Lamar Odom Fights For His Life

Lamar Odom Fights For His Life

Family and friends flock to his bedside.

18
Lamar Odom Fights For His Life
Reuters

No, he is not only a reality TV show star, or as many would think, a Kardashian. Lamar Odom is a two-time NBA champion, both times with the Lakers in 2009 and 2010.

The Los Angeles Clippers drafted him in the first round of the 1999 NBA draft from the University of Rhode Island. He later played for the Miami Heat before the Lakers and later on Dallas.

Odom made headlines earlier this week when he was rushed to the hospital after being found unconscious at a brothel in Crystal, Nevada. It was later reported that traces of cocaine were detected in his blood, and it is suspected that he had indulged in the drug on Monday, October 12th.

This tragedy comes a few months after Odom, who was famously known for being the center of the Lakers hurdle, lost two of his best friends to drug overdose. Odom last played in the NBA in 2013, the same year that Khloe Kardashian filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences. However, by October 2015, the divorce was not yet finalized.

Kardashian is reported to have rushed to the Nevada hospital and has been by his side since Tuesday evening.

Dennis Hof, the manager of the brothel, says that Odom was trying to get away from something. The reasons were however not disclosed.

Sources say that Kardashian will be making the medical decisions as the judge has not finalized the divorce proceedings. The two had been married for four years.

Family, friends, and former teammates have been to the hospital to see him according to sources, while others have offered their prayers and support on social media sites.