12 Recipes For Your Labor Day BBQ

Labor Day is a holiday that celebrates American workers, and is always celebrated on the first Monday in September. When most people think of Labor day, they think of barbecues and spending time with their families. This is what my family usually does (if everyone is able to make it). So, I thought: why not put together a list of some of the best Labor Day BBQ recipes? If you whip up some of these, your gathering is going to be the bomb dot com.

1. Bacon & Cheese Meatball Sliders

Not only would this be good for Labor Day, it would be great for any occasion.

2. BBQ Grilled Chicken

Who doesn't like chicken? Especially BBQ chicken?

3. Blueberry Upside-Down Skillet Cake

Make sure to save room for dessert. :)

4. Chicken Salad Caprese

5. Classic Deviled Eggs

You can also substitute some ingredients. If you don't like mayo or mustard, leave it out. A lot of people use vinegar instead, so that is an option. Also, you can add bacon bits into it. I haven't had it, but I imagine it would be delicious.1. Preheat smoker and add wood chips (follow your instruction manual).

If I am being completely honest, you CANNOT have a family gathering, outing, or get together, without deviled eggs (or at least my family can't because everyone likes them--especially ME).

6. Garlic Butter Shrimp

Your family may not like shrimp, but that is good for you. The less shrimp they eat = more shrimp you can eat. ;)

7. Grilled Pound Cake with Berries

Like I stated earlier, make sure to save room for dessert...

8. Herb Dip

Need dip for your veggies? Or for some chips?

9. Herb-Stuffed Pork Loin

This. Looks. Yummy. Does it not?

10. Molasses Steak Sandwiches

11. Old Fashioned Potato Salad

Again, you CANNOT have a family gathering without potato salad.

12. Old Fashioned Chicken and Dumplings

Chicken and dumplings is not something my family typically has on Labor Day (because we usually make it at Thanksgiving & Christmas), but that should change. I love me some dumplings, and I think you will, too.

I haven't tried a lot of these dishes, but I would like to, because they look absolutely delicious. (: I hope you and your family enjoyed these recipes, and I hope y'all have a safe (and great) Labor Day!