I May Not Know What I Want To Do Now, But That's Fine, Because It's MY Future

Always be the one to take charge and never give up on something you love.
42

It may be a struggle, trying to please yourself.

But it's more of a struggle to please everyone around you. It's like you have the expectations from each individual in your life and you try so hard to live up to them, even if it's something you don't want to do.

My parents are split up and both have completely different expectations from me, especially with my future career. My dad wants me to go to nursing school because they make good money. He thinks I would enjoy and be good at it and also he doesn't want to see me struggle in life the way he did. But, my mom on the other hand, doesn't think I would like it or be good at it. She wants me to go into business and become successful in that career field.

To be honest, I don't even know what I want to do. Sometimes you feel like you aren't smart enough to do one thing or you don't really have an interest in another thing that someone wants you to do.

My boyfriend wants me to do nursing because of the money. He's thinking about getting into the medical field and thinks I should, too, because it is a great field to get into. I would love to get into nursing but I always get that feeling that maybe I'm not smart enough to do it.

With that being said, my parents want what's best for me. I know that they want me to be successful and to pursue a career in what I would love to do. It's hard trying to make everyone happy, but you have to make yourself happy and figure out what you want to do in your life. You don't want a job where you will just hate going there everyday and are only there for money. My dad told me that if I found something I love to do, I could make a career out of it.

Your life starts with you and your decisions. Always be the one to take charge and never give up on something you love.