KITESURF ZANZIBAR

KITESURF ZANZIBAR

Introduction:

161
KITESURF ZANZIBAR
Zanzibar, what is it known for? Unless you've already explored this part of Africa, you won't even know there is a tropical paradise waiting to be discovered.

KITESURF ZANZIBAR

Why Visit Zanzibar

Zanzibar, what is it known for? Unless you've already explored this part of Africa, you won't even know there is a tropical paradise waiting to be discovered. A unique combination of exotic beaches, a colorful history, and a diverse culture make this island a compelling destination and will make you dream to Kite surf Zanzibar. You will be amazed by the beauty of this place.

Kitesurfing Location

Almost all of the tourists who visit Paje go here for kitesurfing. This makes the town itself look less commercialized and more traditional. If you’re a kitesurfing geek and looking for a special place to enjoy kitesurfing, then a kite surfing in Paje Zanzibar beach should be on your bucket list. Often referred to as the “Pearl of Zanzibar”, this beautiful paradise is one of the world's most coveted kitesurfing spots.

Visiting Zanzibar was a magical experience; the people are down to earth and incredibly honest. Plus, the white sand is unlike anything we've seen before — There are many white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters in this area, making it home to one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet.

Weather and Wind Conditions

All throughout the day, the tide in Paje drastically rises and falls. Low tides leave the inner lagoon empty and kiters have no choice but to head out to the sandbanks or on the outer lagoon. During low and high tides, both of these lagoons offer perfect knee-deep flatwater conditions. High tide offers mild chop and some kickers for some freestyle.

Kite surf in Zanzibar enjoy two seasons in Paje. Beginning mid-December, the first one runs until the end of February. During this time of year, the wind comes from the North and it blows at approximately 12 to 25 knots. Locals call this season the Kaskazi. From time to time, Paje gets hit by anticyclones from the Indian Ocean, which can bring in some pretty decent swell.

The second season is commonly known as the Kuzi and it takes place from May until October. If you happen to visit the area during this season, you'll notice that the winds are a little bit calm in the morning while they become more wild around noon. This is the time when surf spots start popping up everywhere!

Unlike some tropical beaches, Zanzibar's reef isn't as extreme as those on other tropical islands. You could usually see turtles or dolphins joining kiters on the shoreline during kitesurfing sessions.

Kitesurfing Lessons

If you've never kitesurfed before, it can be tough to even know where to begin. The good news is, Kite N'Surf offers classes geared towards beginners, intermediates, and professionals alike. Regardless of your age and experience, you will find a package for you that provides everything you need to make your kiteboarding experience a memorable one.

What makes our team unique is that we have instructors who can speak more than three languages fluently. That means, regardless of your nationality, you won’t be having trouble communicating with your coach.

We've listed the different ways you can start kitesurfing lessons in Zanzibar and take advantage of the great weather.

*All group lessons are reserved for family members and friends who can join together

**Contact us if you have a group of 3 or more, and we'll make sure that we provide the best option that fits the group's needs. As always, we will ensure the safety of the group and provide the best training experience possible.

For any questions about kitesurfing in Zanzibar, feel free to call or WhatsApp or please call us at +255776440449 or email at jambo@kitensurfzanzibar.com or visit the kite surf shop to speak with one of our staff.