As Long As You Are Nice

As Long As You Are Kind To Me, Nothing Else Matters

No one should be judged for being who or what they are.

56

Today, everyone is so quick to judge somebody, simply for enjoyment or to feel better about themselves. Judgment is just plain cruel, mean, and selfish.

I hate it.

I've come to learn something new every day, but the one thing that I see, over and over again, is somebody being put down for their beliefs or who they are.

You see this mostly on social media since it's too damn easy to type away on the keyboard, behind a screen. Fighting is common online because no one can get to you. Personally, fighting on a silly social media platform is just a waste of time, and it's quite immature.

Why can't everyone just be nice?

Why can't everyone just move along with their day?

Why can't everyone just do one good thing for a stranger?

Why can't people smile all the time?

Why can this country be so rude, divided?

Aren't we supposed to be unified? Aren't we supposed to be in this together, as one?

For some weird reason, at least a sliver or two of this population wants to cause trouble. They want to be mean, and they want to fight an uphill battle. They want to be a divided nation. They want to judge.

I don't want to judge.

Who cares if you're a Democrat? If you voted for Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders, fine! I don't mind that. Although we may not agree with each other, it doesn't bother me.

Who cares if you're a Republican? If you voted for President Donald Trump, cool beans, dude! I don't mind that, either. Agree to disagree.

Politics are silly and quite bloody at times, but we need it to run a country. I don't care what political party you side with, as long as you're nice to me.

Who cares if you are gay or lesbian? If you're a part of the LGBTQ+ community, that's great! You're all amazing and courageous. We look up to you.

Sometimes, we tend to believe the voices inside our head that can say we are supposed to be apart, that we are supposed to hate one another, based on our sexuality. No! Never should this ever happen!

I'm straight, and I have straight friends, but I also have friends in the LGBTQ+ community. They are just as great. If we are all about love, then let's love! I don't care what your sexuality is, whether it's private or public, as long as you're nice to me.

Who cares if you're Christian? There are many branches of this religion, and I belong in one of them. It doesn't make you a bad person if you are in something different from me.

Who cares if you are Jewish? I find this religion so fascinating. It's similar to Christianity. The stories are great, and it's okay to tell them to others.

Who cares if you are Muslim? I know it's hard in this country to get past the "stigma", to get past the hate being thrown at you. Not all of you are violent. Not all of you are threatening.

It doesn't matter who you believe in, or how many times you pray in a day, as long as you're nice to me.

Who cares if you're female? Who cares if you're male? Not all men are jerks and dirty, and not all women are bitchy and dumb. As long as you're nice to me, nothing else matters.

This is a reminder that kindness is key, and that no one should be judged for who or what they are. I don't care who you are. I don't care what you've done.

I hope people remember this. I want us to be in togetherness. I wish it was that easy, but in all of this violence, tension, and hate in the world, just think of this.

If you're kind, I will be your friend.