Goals that I'm waiting to Achieve
Health Wellness

my current status of what i'm doing with my life

My "Keys" to success

183
Cristina Moreno

Everything I do is for my future. I have always been the type of person that some times forgets to focus on the 'now' as well as preparing for my future. I get so lost in what I want tomorrow I forget to enjoy today. It's not easy either when a thousand things continue to try and get into your path. However, with one step at a time and my head held high, I am learning how to love life, make the best of it, and continue to save up for my future. I have a few topics that I believe will be my "keys" to success:

Education:

Two weeks ago, I accomplished my second year of college finishing with a GPA of 3.7. I am currently majoring in Business, learning to be an Accountant. I have completed almost all of my general ed and transferring courses. All that is left is to do as many of my lower-division major courses so that once I transfer, I can have less to finish and graduate my Bachelor's in no time! It's all very exciting. It is crazy to see how important education is.

From kinder to high school, and from college until whenever we choose we are satisfied with what we have taken from education. Graduating with my bachelors is a big deal to me. Showing my family that no matter what I have stayed strong, and have pushed through to get to that achievement, and to myself that everything gets better in time. I also do it to be the biggest and best role model I can be for my little sister, my goddaughter, and other baby relatives.

Work:

For two years, I have had a part time job in Old Town, San Diego working retail in one of the most uniquest shops. I applied right after graduating High School and stuck to it ever since. Also during the summer I graduated, I took another job at Aquatica San Diego as a seasonal ambassador doing both jobs during the summer only. Two summers after, I continued to return to Aquatica and work two jobs during my break from school. It was pretty busy. I never really had time to have fun and go out, however I got to work a ton and save up for school, emergencies, and things I was hoping to soon own such as a car, laptop, new phone, and more.

Unfortunately, last summer I was able to realize that I was overworking myself. I rarely had a day off from both jobs, due to constantly being on the go. I would pull double-shifts all the time, and never got to enjoy my summer or make time for myself. Therefore, I told myself I wouldn't over work myself anymore. I had to think about what I wanted in life but how I also needed to realize that I need to enjoy the present time as well. Since then, I have taken a lot more time for myself whenever I had the chances, I don't work constantly anymore, and I've come up with an agenda.

Family:

Family is the reason why I am here today. Because of my family, I continue to stay strong and keep going in life. They have always supported me and helped me to get to where I am now. For example, my goddaughter is my shining star. She is only three years old, and has the most sassiest, brightest, most outgoing personality ever (she got it from me). Because of her, I stay out of trouble. I focus on school and work to show her that you have to work hard to get what you want. As she gets older, I pray I am able to keep being a good role model for her and show her how to grow up and defeat the world one day at a time. Also, my fourteen year old sister has a huge piece of my heart.

There's many times I catch myself in the things that she expresses or does; And just like me when I was her age, she is very sensitive, quiet, and has yet to really learn how to make life easier for herself. As being the oldest female in the house, I know she looks up to me. It's hard to be her sister and mother when she needs it. Although we constantly argue at each other, we've gotten very close within the past few years and help each other out which makes the household a lot easier to live in. I work hard for them.

Everything else is basically what I am doing to be happy for me. I try new things, I try to keep my car and room clean as often as I can to reduce stress, I work on short-term goals, make time for my sister, take my dog out more often, and basically stay distracted. Negativity has always been a huge problem, however the past year and a half has been more positive due to me doing anything possible to want to stay happy and not let negativity beat me. I am proud of the journey I have worked on for myself so far, all that's left is to see what comes my way.

xoxo,

Princess J