There Are Some Key Traits In Men That We Don't Pay Enough Attention To

These rankings don't have to apply to how a guy dates but these are traits that should be emulated and encouraged.

17

For years I've looked at posts about good traits in a man. After searching up articles, I found some top traits in a man that are important. From my search, I have ranked the traits I found based on how much each was mentioned. These rankings don't have to apply to how a guy dates but these are traits that should be emulated and encouraged. I am merely showing that a man doesn't just give flowers and chocolates or says flattering things. At the end of the day though, this is just a list of traits that I found and doesn't mean that I consider any of these traits less important than the other but I wanted to see what other people have written and how many people chose one trait over another. That also means I could have missed some traits that you consider important or could fit into these general categories.

1. Honor (self-integrity)

When a man knows what he wants himself to be and what is right and wrong for him, that shows that he has sense of self. This by extension, when he respects himself, he will treat others similarly. It is important to keep this in mind because one has to give respect in order to get respect. Or in some cases, earn respect.

2. Mature

A man has the mind of an adult and doesn't try to play games or act childish when it comes to how he treats people, especially the person/people in his life. A person that isn't mature shouldn't be taken seriously or expected to be responsible in a serious relationship (whether that relationship is platonic, romantic, etc.).

3. Respectful and functional

These two are equally important and for good reason. Much like self integrity, a man has to be able to respect others around him as well as be able to take care of himself. This also ties into what I mentioned before about maturity.

4. Ambitious, dependable, and confident

These traits also have to do with a mans personal ways he deals with his identity. A man who is dependable is responsible and honest and doesn't make excuses or puts in half the effort. He also needs to be ambitious and confident since he has a goal about where he wants to go and is confident about how he is going to get there.

5. Assertive, funny, honest, physical, emotionally intelligent and well-spoken

What I mean by physical in this context is a man takes the time to shape his body to a healthy standard; whether that is exercising regularly and/or eating healthy. All these traits make a man interesting and able to connect with others since a person who isn't able to be emotionally vulnerable, speak well or be honest is not a desirable character especially for a romantic relationship. Also, by assertive I mean a man doesn't sit back and let things happen to him, he takes the initiative but not in a disrespectful way. A person, whether man or woman, can be assertive but still respect the thoughts/feelings/ideas/beliefs of others around them since the person who is being assertive is merely taking care of their needs or pursue their dreams.

6. Always wants to learn, responsible, challenges himself to be better, good manners, puts in effort to see friends/family, supportive, smart, kind, and faithful

These traits apply more to friendships and romantic relationships. Especially in a romantic relationship you want your partner to be faithful, kind and responsible. On the other hand, a man is also continually trying to improve himself into the best version he can be not only for himself but for other people for a a better quality of life.

7. Not afraid to be vulnerable, adaptive, good with money, positive, puts work into the relationship, shares values, comfortable in both roles in a relationship, direct and self-reflective

These traits apply more towards how a man is in a romantic relationship since these have to do with a man acting towards their partner. What I mean by comfortable in both roles is a man doesn't always have to be in charge or doesn't always have to be passive in the relationship. The man shares the responsibility of the relationship with his spouse/partner. And by positive I mean a man tries to see the brighter possibilities in life or to encourage positivity in others as well as himself. Adaptive, a man can change when he needs to whether it is himself, his lifestyle, his thoughts/beliefs, or his surroundings (whatever that may be). Also, a man is self reflective on how he reacts/behaves/feels about something, meaning he has the potential to improve. A man doesn't always remain stagnant in his ways because otherwise he doesn't fit into the world fully.

8. Celebrates one's achievements, interpersonal, flexible, gentlemen-like, sense of adventure, sexual, humble, fights against injustice, team player, shows gratitude, makes peace in private

These traits apply to both friendships, romantic relationships as well as how a man interacting with the people around him. What I mean by sexual is that a man should be passionate towards a partner that he loves and be intimate (whatever their definition of intimate means) as well as having somewhat of a gentlemen personality. It is kind of frowned upon to have a man act like a gentleman but it shouldn't be completely shunned from practice. Men should still treat women/spouse to a date and be polite towards their date because that is common decency. A man doesn't necessarily have to always buy you flowers on the first date or always pay for your food or always hold the door for you, but it is nice when a man does it for their special someone once in a while to show their respect/appreciation/love, etc.