The Fame and Fortune of Rock and Roll Bad Boys

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Here's my skinny on the Bad Boys of Rock.
41

People love to attain fame and fortune, but not everyone can handle it well.

The worst part is that people who are unable to put all that power and attention to good use, often end up screwing things up.

They either go back to square one or fall in a pit from where there is no coming back.

This often is the case with rock and roll stars.

We have made a list of five of the most successful rock stars for whom popularity did not bode well.

Ozzy Osbourne

If there was to be one name that brought heavy metal to life, it would have been Ozzy Osbourne.

With a worth of around $150 million, he was one of the most successful rock stars there have ever lived, and was always the kind of person who would get into trouble.

Other than the fact that he was addicted to drugs, Ozzy was also accused of biting the head off a dove out of sheer anger and frustration.

He was also caught urinating on a monument created to honor the deaths in Alamo-Texas.

His bad boy image made no difference to his fans though.

Keith Richards

Keith Richards was a mammoth in the world of elite guitarists, with his place in the infamous band The Rolling Stones.

However, hidden behind all that talent was a dark personality.

A journalist once went on to describe Keith as “mad, bad, and dangerous”.

In fact, Keith once took out his gun and shot a golf ball in anger after it landed in his breakfast.

He was always the bad boy.

When he was young, he was caught smuggling alcohol and was also expelled from his boy scout troop for knocking a fellow member out.

His fame didn’t take much of a hit due to his acts, though. Keith has a net worth of a staggering $340 million.

Noel Gallagher

Noel, the high flying birdman known for his eclectic style and his Blackface Fender Jaguar, was one of the brothers that performed at Oasis.

With a net worth of an estimated $6 million, and great fame to accompany it, keeping your head straight often becomes difficult.

Thus, Noel was on the news numerous times, not for his music, but for his fist fights.

One time at a Barcelona tour, the brothers couldn’t keep peace among themselves when Noel hit Liam in front of a crowd of people.

Keith Moon

Keith was one of the most famous drummers back in the day. He had a net worth of $70 million when he died.

The drummer was no stranger to trouble. Keith had been the epitome of the ‘bad boy’ tag.

At various instances, he was caught trashing hotel rooms and trying out horse tranquilizers for some reason.

Naked cake fights were also his thing.

Once out of nowhere, he decided to go back to his hotel room, pick his television, and throw it out of the window.

These were only a few of the incidents Keith Moon was involved in.

His wildness didn’t affect his career as much as it could have though.

Izzy Stradlin

Guns N’ Roses is surely among the most popular bands from the late 80s and 90s.

The impeccable guitar riffs in their songs were the art of Izzy Stradin.

The guy has a net worth of $28 million dollars. On the less bright side, Izzy was pretty hard to deal with.

For instance, he once was on a plane and wanted to use the washroom.

Growing impatient that it was occupied, he decided to take a leak, right in the galley area.

The funny part is that he did it, not because it was getting harder to hold, but because he was angry that the toilet was occupied—talk about money spoiling people!

There have been so many people during the years who haven’t been able to accommodate the success music brought them.

The above-mentioned were only among the popular few.