How to really keep a new years resolution

New Years resolutions are hard to keep but I have some advice to help you out

7

A new year is upon us and I can guarantee we all have some goal set in mind to better ourselves this upcoming year. Most of society makes at least one new year's resolution in hopes to make this new year even better than the last. The number of people who actually who follow through with a new year's resolution is so slim. Stay tuned for how to really keep that resolution.

I have a secret for you. A new year's resolution is something we don't only have to make at the beginning of a new year, but we should always be trying to better ourselves. That's the secret, life isn't about achieving one singular goal, but it is a constant effort to better ourselves. Take life one day at a time and embrace each and every little thing the day throws at you. I believe that having a new year's resolution is a good start and is a good motivation to start becoming who we want to be. Keeping a new year's resolution, though, requires continuous awareness of ourselves and where we want to be. If your new year's resolution is to eat healthier then, instead of putting yourself down for eating trashy food one day embrace it, be okay with it and move on. Just try and be better the next day. Life isn't always going to be perfect and you might stray from the path of your personal goal every once and a while and that is okay we are only human.

Keeping a new year's resolution is a constant effort to better yourself so a year from now you can look back at yourself and think about how much you've grown. Even if you didn't keep your resolution or achieve your goal, you've gained something much more valuable… experience and a wiser version of yourself. Keep an open mind when creating a new year's resolution and when keeping your new year's resolution and never be too hard on yourself. We each deserve a break sometimes and it's okay to make mistakes. Have a happy new year and may your resolutions be kept, and may you grow into an even better and brighter person next year.

Always remember that keeping a new year's resolution requires awareness and a willingness to grow and change and accept failure when it comes and be willing to learn from it. A new year symbolizes new beginnings and hopes for a brighter future because your future is so very bright. Keep an open mind and be ready to grow and change.