5 Pro-Tips To Keep Your Makeup In-Tact This Summer

A natural, glowing finish is a timeless look that should be achieved with highlighter, not sweat.

117

There is nothing more satisfying than perfecting your makeup for a night out. Though, often times, the summer heat will get the better of your look, leaving you with a shiny residue of sweat and smeared products. This may also depend on your skin type, as drier textures tend to suffer lesser effects. If you fall victim to oily or combination skin, continue reading. Your face will thank you later.

1. Select an oil-free primer and base

There is something to be said for the oil-free products that have been created in this industry. By removing what was once thought to be a critical element of many products, you are avoiding the addition of excess shine to your skin. Selecting oil-free facial products will provide a firm, soft base to apply a light and creamy foundation without any added moisture.

2. Carry a package of blotting sheets in your purse

If you have yet to become acquainted with Clean&Clear's oil absorbing sheets, I can assure you that they are soon to be your new best friend. By simply carrying a package in your purse, you can easily combat any sweat or oil that may begin to seep through your foundation. These products are guaranteed to remove excess shine without smudging makeup, leaving your skin with a refreshed, matte look.

3. Reduce the application of highlighter

Natural, glowing skin is a timeless look that is often aided by the application of highlighter as a finishing touch. Throughout the bone-chilling months of winter, highlighter tends to be a staple of most looks. Though, in the summer, sweat can usually do the job for you. Applying a lighter coating of highlighter to select areas of your face will often leave you with a more subtle glow, but under these circumstances, it is critical to achieving the proper finish.

4. Make the switch from regular to waterproof eye products

To avoid the diminishing of the wings of your liner this summer, begin by purchasing the waterproof versions of your favorite eyeliner and mascara products. This will ensure that the makeup around your eyes will not dampen or run due to sweat or humidity, leaving you with a crisp, clean look. Though, if you're planning on attending a pool party, I suggest you skip this step entirely for the sake of sparing yourself from the ever-dreaded "raccoon eyes."

5. Swap out your matte lip coloring for a lighter gloss

Throughout the winter months, a matte lipstick is often an essential touch to creating a beautifully crafted look. It accentuates a dewy highlight without distracting from the radiance of your skin, and often stays on for hours at a time. Yet, in the summer, a matte lipstick may leave lips looking cracked and unfinished due to excess sun exposure. To avoid this dilemma, transition from a matte lip coloring to a lighter, airier lip gloss. Frequent reapplication may become necessary, but using this product in the heat will leave you with a cleaner and more youthful look.