Yes, I Love The Kardashains

Sorry Not Sorry, I Love The Kardashians, Now Go Ahead And Try To Judge Me

They are not "sluts" or "famous for nothing!"

133
Kim K

Yes, you read the title right, I am a fan of the Kardashians.

I know that this is not an extremely popular opinion, but I do have my reasons for it. It infuriates me when people say that they don't like them because they are "trashy" or "famous for nothing." These powerful women are not trashy. They are comfortable in their body and as a woman there is nothing wrong with that.

Why is it okay for a man to post a picture in a speedo with all of his junk out and we can label it #ManCandyMonday, but if one of the Kardashians posts a picture it is considered slutty?

The answer is simple. It is because a double standard exists. Men can be as open about sex, but women can't be or else they are a "whore."

The saddest part about it is that it is not just men who think this way. In fact, a lot of women think this way too. They tear each other down, rather than building each other up.

Now, I know that some people's next argument is going to be that they are all mothers so the stuff that they post are simply not okay since their children may see them one day. My retort to that is, so what?

Yes, they are mothers, but why does that mean that they have to stop feeling good about their bodies? It is their choice to put those images out there so whenever their kids do see them then that is something that they have to be willing to face, which since they all appear to be a lot smarter than we think, they will handle it appropriately.

There are a lot worse mothers out there who are doing much worse things like doing drugs in their child's presence; those are the mothers that you should be standing against, not the Kardashian women.

Now, for the other argument that they are famous for nothing, that is ridiculous. These women have turned a sex scandal into a multibillion-dollar empire. A lot of this credit must go to the queen her self, Kris Jenner, who has worked so much magic to build up the Kardashian / Jenner empire, that the devil himself is probably impressed.

Kylie turned her passion into a hugely successful business and is now predicted to become the youngest, self-made billionaire. Say what you want about her lips and the controversy about her pregnancy, but she built Kylie Cosmetics up and is even more successful than anyone could have imagined.

Kim has also used her famous assets to make some serious cash from her Kimoji app and her game, not to mention her numerous other clothing and beauty lines. So the 'her doing nothing' statement is completely invalid- she owns multiple companies.

I could go on and on listing all of the Kardashian/Jenner accomplishments, but the fact of the matter is that you probably know them all, because admit it, even if you hate the Kardashians you know what is going on in their lives from the media.

Besides all of these points, not only is the show comedy gold but teaches young girls some valuable things in life.

It teaches you that you are not the only one with insecurities and that even the most famous people have them, in reference to Kylie's lips. It teaches you that women are powerful and most defiantly do not need a man to run things, because the Kardashian ladies are very strong by themselves. It teaches you that not every family is perfect and that despite what you may think, money does not equal happiness.

It also deals with themes of addiction, becoming transgender, and most importantly, love.

So yes, go on ahead and judge me for liking the Kardashians, but just remember that they are women just like you, or if you're a male then like your mothers or sisters.

No matter what you say about these women, just remember that you are talking about them and that's something.

Love them or hate them, everyone is talking about them.