Here's What The Critics Are Saying About Justin Timberlake's 'Man Of The Woods'

Justin Timberlake continues to change with the tides of the music industry and keeps giving his fans music to ‘Rock Your Body.’

70
Flickr

Multiple award-winning entertainer, producer, actor, musician and singer Justin Timberlake has been around for almost two decades.

We have watched as he graduated from the screens of the Mickey Mouse Club to launching out with the groovy boy band group, NSync, and then later cruising successfully, into a great solo career.

Awhile back, he experienced a rough patch in the aftermath of the whole Janet Jackson ‘nipplegate’ debacle; nonetheless, he has risen from the ashes. Justin considered it as a lesson learned. No matter the challenges this former boy band star has kept on making hits and giving his fans some hip rocking, tear-jerking, foot stomping tunes.

Justin Timberlake Super Bowl 2018 Performance

This year, Timberlake was the headliner at the NFL Super Bowl halftime show.

Many of the attendees were a bit perplexed and uncertain of how to respond. Regardless, his true fans enjoyed the moment and rocked with him for the entire performance.

The R&B pop crooner showed us that he had more to offer. He ignored the naysayers and focused on all who were there to support him. Fans were seen dancing near the stage and the ‘Man of The Woods’ singer, thrilled and entertained with his smooth moves and well-synced dance choreography.

If you have ever wondered about whether there would be an orchestra at the Super Bowl, well Justin Timberlake halftime 2018 show had one.

He was also supported by a brass band and a troop of dancers. He gave his all in paying tribute to the late, great entertainer Prince, whose image was projected during the tribute. There were those, leading up to the performance, who wanted to see Justin and Janet have at it again, but we doubted that was going to happen.

The ‘selfie boy’ became the next internet sensation during the event.

Justin Timberlake “Man of the Woods”

Continuing with his great work, Timberlake launched a new album titled, “Man of the Woods.”

Unfortunately, critics have been a little unwelcoming towards the first set of tracks that were released, deeming it tepid and not reminiscent of what Justin, at his best, can do.

It is a little sketchy their reaction versus the fact that his album debuted at number one. Obviously, his fans loved his new tracks.

Sales reflected 242,000 sold, in the first week alone.

Only Taylor Swift has moved those numbers lately.

Justin Timberlake Songs

Who can forget some of Justin Timberlake’s songs that have sunk into our memories over the years, never to be forgotten?

There was ‘Gone’ which had everyone pulling for tissues and dabbing at tears as if they lost their soul mate and who can forget the monster hit ‘Cry Me A River’ which was released off his 2002 album, Justified.

‘Sexy Back’ is still on my playlist with its funky, fresh sound. This was one of his great songs, from the Future Sex / Love Sounds album; including the song that garnered him a Grammy award, ‘What Goes Around/Comes Around’.

‘Rock Your Body’ had memorable beats and was a club favorite of many fans.

With five albums under his belt, we can only expect greater things from Justin in the future. After all, he is still collaborating with everybody’s favorite producer, Timberland.

Justin Timberlake the Actor

If you have followed Timberlake’s career closely, then you would know that he has branched out into acting and was quite good.

Critics were thrilled with his performances in movies like The Social Network, Alpha Dog, Shrek the Third and Runner Runner. We hope to see more new film work from the diversified entertainer in the coming years. His strategy of diversifying will make him a household name for the younger generation coming up.

Justin Timberlake’s Success

Not many singers have lasted as long as Timberlake.

We are used to seeing stars rise and stars fall. One of the feathers in his cap is having successfully performed at the Super Bowl halftime show on three separate occasions. First in 2001, and then again in 2004 as well as 2018.

Like a true businessman, Justin has branched out into several viable projects, including that has shored up his net worth, to an estimated $230 million.

Not bad Justin! That is one smooth operator.

Four years ago, he was the third top paid performer in 2014. This was by making a smart business move including being a representative for Givenchy and Bud Light.

There are some other business ventures including the audio technology startup, a clothing brand and a tequila company. This is great shrewdness from this effervescent entrepreneur.

He has truly worked hard to have longevity in his career.