Just Because Kylie Jenner Pays For It Doesn't Necessarily Mean That You Do Too

The Kylie Jenner Lip Challenge can never, ever come back.

114
Celebrity Glam

In the world of beauty, something that is not joked about is one's makeup game. It's either flawless, mediocre or cringe-worthy, horrendous. All claws and judgment become totally evident— uh, yeah, sounds about right.

With eyebrows and contouring being a trendy and consistent focus, there's something else that has come to play and that, my friend, are lips.

When it comes to lips, it comes down to colors, shades and finishes— basically anything you can possibly think of because it will likely be a factor.

The person to thank for all of this lip hype ironically is Kylie Jenner, after the launch of her highly recognized matte lip collection—shortly after she finally owned up to the press admitting to plastic surgery on her *then* not-so plump lips.

Just like each one of her sisters, she has made a name for herself in fashion and beauty. She has made lasting impression on a large percentage of the female population when it comes to beauty. This long-lasting impression has encouraged many to follow in her footsteps to get themselves some lip filling treatments done.

It seems simple but like all procedures, there are risks and high costs. Not to mention tons of appointments to maintain the look.

I've personally never desired to have more "plump" lips because they're pretty plump naturally but everyone is different. The saying that "beauty is pain," is extremely true to each and every degree. Being a woman, I can clearly relate and understand how some women are not happy with particular parts of their body.

But breaking your pocket because of this particular procedure is not necessary! There are so many ways one can obtain "Kylie lips."

Here's 5 ways you fabulous ladies can achieve more plumped and fuller lips— while avoiding high costs and risks:

1. Highlight your cupid’s bow.

Ask anyone in the makeup industry and artists will almost always recommend this first— but not many people know it. Take your favorite highlighter and dab a TINY BIT right in the middle of your top lip.

This will draw extra attention to your mouth giving an illusion of some plump.

2. Pinks and berries.

Like highlighting your cupid's brow, these two shades manage to give the illusion of bigger lips. The ultimate favorite of a classic red, actually minimizes your mouth because it causes too much of a high contrast between your lips and your skin— especially if you have fairer skin.

Medium shades of pink and berry are guaranteed to bring out the right amount of contrast to your complexion. It will work on every skin color!

3. Lip scrubs.

Many people don't even know that this exists. Lip scrubs are a more luxurious way to exfoliate the lips. Some scrubs go anything from $16-$40 a pop at beauty supply stores, like Sephora, for something so, so simple— that's kind of pricey, don't you think? There are tons of home remedies for lip scrubs.

My personal favorite recipe I found, especially for the colder and bitter months of the year is so simple to put together. Take some brown sugar and honey then mix it together. Scrub it right on top of your lips and leave it on for a few minutes. Your lips will taste like a treat (ish) and feel absolutely amazing afterwards!

4. Mint, mint, mint.

Ahhh, yes. The famous plant that does the body wonders. Mint acts as a natural plumper for the lips. Have you ever used mint-infused lip balm? You may or may not have noticed the slight plumping effect it gives you minutes after applying.

For an overnight plumping lip mask, mix some petroleum jelly with peppermint oil— you'll wake up with full, fresh, fabulous lips!

5. Brush your lips!

Some of you might be thinking, "ow." But I promise it's not that bad— I personally tried it before writing this article for sh*ts and gigs. Before or after you take care of your dental hygiene, give your lips a good rub with your toothbrush. This sounds super weird, I know, but this is actually a simple and effective exfoliation technique.

Lip exfoliation causes them to swell a bit aka bigger looking lips. If you don't have a scrub, using a toothbrush is just as effective, if not more.

Now that you know this— it's time for a bomb selfie. Pucker up and give us your best duck face because it's still OK to do since it's still *kind of* a thing.

Xoxoxo.