Juice: "Workin' on Lovin'"

Juice: "Workin' on Lovin'"

you should be "Workin' on Lovin" Juice!
454

Fresh of the release of their new single “Sugar,” which you can listen to here, I sat down with the Ben and Rami from the band Juice to discuss their upcoming plans, their new project, and what it’s been like working on it all while gaining popularity. Their new EP “Workin’ on Lovin’” you is set to release June 15th!

Of course, I had to ask them how the guys of Juice formed. Ben, “friends first who shared a passion for music” and much like so many other bands before them, they formed in college and entered into a battle of the band's competition. After doing this they began nurturing their talents and pooling together their varied instrumental abilities and their musical journey began.

As per usual, I had to ask who their biggest musical influences are. When listening to their new project, which has yet to be released, there is a definite R&B and jazz feel to it. When I asked Ben and Rami what their influences were for their new songs, and just, in general, their responses seemed to fit in perfectly with the feel of their new stuff. Rami and Ben both had varied inspirations that included R&B and Jazz. However, they varied in their specific choices, for example, Rami takes a lot of his inspiration from Deangelo, while Ben draws his influence from Stevie Wonder and the Beatles.

After discussing their musical influences, I wanted to move on to their real-world influences and talk about how they’ve grown since the release of “Coconut Girl.” I also asked how they think they’ve grown and if they’ve noticed a considerable difference in their creative process since then. Ben thought that “maturity as artists and growing together and going through new phases of life” was definitely a large part of how they’ve grown and that they’ve started “getting more concentrated”. He also pointed out that “being out of college is a big jump in life and now we’re pursuing music full time with new emotional experiences”

The band has been working on their newest project, “Workin’ on Lovin’” with producer Jonny K, Rami explained that working with Johnny has provided a “harder rock collaborative environment”. In this environment, the band is encouraged to get together and “Sit back and express ourselves and focus our energy”. In regard to their creative process, there was one thing that Rami thinks always rings true: “bass and drums together and you’ve got yourself a song”.

The day before the release of their new EP “Workin’ on Lovin’” the guys will be playing at Mercury Lounge in New York. This is anticipated by the band to be a great night full of good energy since the last time they performed at this venue it was a sold-out crowd. Since it’s the day before the release of the EP Ben and Rami are positive they’ll be playing some new songs from the EP at the show.