My Juice Cleanse Journey: 3 Days, 18 Juices

Is it awful? Is it healthy? Let me tell ya!

153
Danni Messina

Day 1:

Juice 1: Woke up on the later side, so I started at 10:30 – the first juice I had was the vanilla one. First sip, delicious. I finish the first bottle no problem.

Juice 2: 12:40 - this one was called greens 2 – it was colored green, as you would expect. It smelled like celery and cucumbers. I’ve always been more of a smoothie person myself, but this is literally green juice. It takes me three tries to down it all the way. I was actually expecting it to be worse, so I was happy about that, but I had to chase it with water. It had a strong aftertaste of cucumber and celery, which I wasn’t a fan of, but it was fine. I drank two cups of water with it and I am actually feeling pretty full.

Juice 3: 2:45 – this was called roots 2. It was an awful looking earthy brown color. I smelled it, and it smelled basically the same as greens 2. I drank it in two tries. Not too bad, and had the same celery flavor at the end. Two more cups of water down, and I had a few almonds as well. I’m not feeling any more tired than I usually do either, which is nice, and I don’t feel hungry which is also nice. Halfway through the day, three more to go!

Juice 4: 4:30 – I was in a rush with my mom so I grabbed my water and my juice and didn’t look at what was in it before I drank it. Oh my goodness, it was delicious! It was a fruit juice, and it tasted so amazing. I was so happy to be drinking something other than vegetables!

Juice 5: 7:00 – Still drinking a lot of water, I drank down juice 5 much like the other first few vegetable juices. There was something weird about this one and it was kind of spicy in the end. Not spicy, but a strong taste of the ginger type of spicy. It wasn’t too bad and had more flavor than the other ones, plus less of the celery flavor.

Juice 6: 9:00 – I was so excited to drink this, and I was not surprised when I absolutely loved it! It was cocoa, almond, dates and sea salt. Wow, all I can say is that in a heartbeat, I would drink that over chocolate milk. It had a nice, slight taste of sea salt, and it was nice with a warm chocolate taste to it.

At the end of day 1, I felt great. I went to bed kind of hungry, but not bad. I was excited to wake up in the morning and do it again!

Day 2:

All of the juices all three days were the same. I did wake up in the morning and saw that I lost 2 pounds which I was happy about! I felt amazing and was excited to start the day. I also felt that I had more energy, which was supposed to happen. My skin felt great as well, which was an added plus! I guess when you only eat healthy foods, your skin will thank you!

The juices tasted better today than yesterday. I guess I was starting to get used to the taste of celery after every juice I tasted. I only ate a few almonds throughout the day and drank so much water. I also snuck in an easy workout of running three miles and a nice yoga session at the end. Since my schedule was a little bit off, it would have been too late to drink juice #6, so I skipped it and saved it for another day for if I wanted it as a dessert for the days after the cleanse. It was a long day though, and I was ready to go to bed early.

Day 3:

I was starting to get tired of the juices, but it was day three so I was fine with sticking to it. Through the three days, I ate nothing that was off the plan, and I was strictly on the juices. It was one of the harder things that I have done, especially with the temptation of going out to dinner with friends.

I woke up in the morning and I felt refreshed. I felt the same good amount of energy that I had been feeling yesterday. Another two pounds down! I was happy with the results I was seeing, and I was especially happy with the way I was feeling. Nothing changed on the juice side of it. It was the 5th juice and I was ready to be done – I finished some of the 6th but I was happy to be finished with the three-day juice cleanse.

The end result:

I ended up loosing right around 5 pounds. I felt better than ever, and once I was off the cleanse, I was ready to do it again. My skin was clear, I felt healthy, and I looked better. What is better than that?

If I were to do it again, I would drink more water just to feel full when I was sometimes hungry, and I would eat less almonds. I think this experience was very fun, and I will most likely do it again over Christmas break to get rid of all the gross things that I have eaten through the holiday season!