The feelings of fasting on a juice cleanse

What Happens on a juice cleanse

The feelings of fasting.

91

If it wasn't for the fact that I get married in the next 11 days, I probably wouldn't have entertained trying a three-day juice cleanse. Alas, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I would consider not being able to fully zip my wedding dress as a Class A desperate time.

For some backstory, I have been engaged for a little over a year, and I purchased my dress sometime last year. When I did, it fit like a glove and it was made to be mine. I was so confident in the fit, I never even brought it back for alterations or a fitting. *Pro Tip # 1 - Do not to what I did, get your wedding dress altered accordingly.*

Not only did my dress fit beautifully, I was maintaining a fitness routine to support it. A minimum of five days a week I spent in the gym doing a mix of weight training, pilates, yoga and cardio. That is of course until I fractured my elbow by falling off a bicycle. *Pro Tip # 2 - Do not get cocky while riding a bicycle.*

After a month of body shaming, disappointment in myself, and a distract lifestyle change, I no longer knew how to support my body in the same way. It was a very fast, slippery slope down, or up, technically, if you're looking at the scale.

Slowly by surely, I regained strength in my arm and my elbow is starting to heal. I am still not completely fixed but well enough to start getting back into a routine that won't harm me from healing. After feeling big and bloated for so long, I was ready for a kick start to help me get back on track. What better way to do that than cleanse! Out with the old, in with the new you.

Monday morning began my motivation. I went to my local grocery store that has a juice bar inside (Shout out to Goji in EHT, NJ) and picked up their Signature Cleanse package for the day. This included several of my favorite juices and Kombucha! I thought to myself, how great I was going to feel after this one day.

Even though I bought the juice and had a plan in my mind, I wasn't as mentally prepared for this as I should have been, which is probably the reason I fell short my first day. Along with juicing all day long and taking my first class in over a month, (using very light weights), I snacked on foods that I shouldn't have.

Feeling defeated, I knew I had to try again. Tuesday morning, I went back to Goji and picked up their Pro Cleanse. I made a schedule and tracked all my water and juice intake. Even found a new obsession of mine for Chocolate, coffee cashew milk - It was better than Starbucks, and it wasn't cheating! This is something I like to call #winning.

By the time I went to sleep Tuesday, I felt great. I knew I was feeding my body the good it needed. I was ready to wake up Wednesday morning feeling lighter and ready for solid food. After a good nights rest, I got up and went to the scale, only to be disappointed again. I did everything right, I followed the instructions, how could there possibly not be even the slightest difference. *Pro Tip # 3 - Stop stepping on the scale, just stop, don't do it, it's a trap.*

So here I am writing this, 11 a.m. on Wednesday morning. So far today, I have started day three with, 20 oz of water, my first bottle of juice and I am about to have my second. I still feel great and I am not as hungry as I thought I would be. I am looking forward to slowly and carefully reintroducing food into my diet tomorrow, and I 100% know I will try juice cleansing again, or perhaps just actively add juice as a meal replacement into my life more often.

Either way, I am extremely proud of myself for sticking to this three day cleanse challenge! Thank you Goji Juice bar for making delicious, crisp, fresh juices and enabling me on this journey. I couldn't have done it without you!

To visit Goji's website and to learn more about their products and the cleanses I used, please click here!