Judging Other People's Choices Is So Overrated

Your choices are your choices, not everyone's choices

54

The title says it all. Judgment is not cool. It just doesn't make sense. We all judge,whether we admit it or not. It's a part of human nature. But sometimes, judgement is so extreme that it affects thousands. And it's just not needed. If someone else's choices or ways of living are choices you don't personally agree with, why does it matter to you?

If someone is dating someone of a different race, that's great! I'm so happy they love each other. If someone chooses to only date people of the same race, that's awesome too! Just make sure not to judge others who do differently. Is someone you know into casual affairs and hook ups? Cool! As long as said person is safe. Is someone you know deciding not to have sex until marriage? Great! Just make sure not to judge them for their decision. If someone has voted for trump, thanks for using your voice! Someone didn't vote for trump? That's ok too! Perhaps someone has decided college isn't the right choice for them or that they want to take a few years off? I'm so glad you are figuring out who you are! Someone decides to go to college for many years and knows it'll be very challenging and difficult? Look at you go! Someone smokes weed at parties or social get together? Just make sure you are with people you trust. Someone decides not to smoke weed at all? You are not a risk taker and that's ok! Maybe someone you know likes to sit home and read on weekends. If they enjoy it, why not! Maybe someone likes to go out and party while they're still young? Awesome! Maybe someone decides to use the planned parenthood resources? Great! Maybe someone's doesn't like what planned parenthood is about and chooses to avoid it? That's ok, it's up to you! Someone you know plans to have 6 children? You'll be be a great parent! Someone you know decides they don't want any children? You'll have time to focus on your goals! Perhaps someone likes to wear dark clothes and listen to alternative and darker rock music (these don't always go together) but I'd love to listen to some songs you like! Perhaps someone likes to wear a lot of pink and listen to Disney music.That's super cool! Someone decides to go to church and include religion into their daily lives? Super! Someone decides they don't believe in a god and don't want to be religious? Cool!

These are some examples of an ideal world where everyone would accept everyone for their choices. But not everyone does. As I've said, judgement is natural. But it doesn't seem needed. As long as a choice isn't personally effecting you or causing harm to someone, it is no ones place to judge. Our choices are our choices. That's what makes us special. Judgement of the kind of stuff we see above is what brings hate into our world. Your choices are your choices, not everyone's choices.