The Importance Of Journaling

The Importance Of Journaling

The journey to discovering "YOU."
268

I believe in writing. I believe in keeping a daily journal to capture your thoughts, ideas, and emotions on a regular basis. Journaling not only relaxes you and helps clear your mind, but it also teaches you a lot about yourself. I have been journaling every single day since February 2017.

I have taken breaks here and there mainly as I transitioned into college, but now I am back on track and loving it!

Journaling helped me find myself. The journey to finding yourself and discovering your true being is something that never has an end, but writing on a regular basis definitely helps speed up the process. Writing everyday sounds very strenuous and time-consuming, but it does not have to be! You can write a few sentences, bullet points or multiple pages. Customizing your journaling experience is key to sticking with it!

Do not force yourself to write an amount you are not comfortable with because you may become discouraged if writing does not come natural to you. The goal in writing daily is to record a snip-it of how you are feeling each day and what you are going through. Getting started may seem like a hassle, but you will thank yourself in a few months when you revisit your journal and see how far you’ve come. Journaling has gotten me through so many tough times. Anything from boy issues to anxiety and depression over having severe cystic acne in high school.

The beauty in writing is that you are literally recording your own history. Weeks, months, even years later you are able to read exactly what you were doing on a particular day and all the obstacles you were dealing with at a certain point in time.

Writing helps you realize how far you have come and grown as a person; the overwhelming amount of comfort you receive from making this realization is indescribable.

I have made it through so many things I never thought I would be able to at the time, and it is a very humbling experience to discover how strong and resilient you really are.

We all go through so much and endure so many hardships throughout our lives, and documenting our journey is one of the best ways to find ourselves. Grab a pen and journal and start your journey to bettering yourself.